Looking for a mechanic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a HIGHLY recommend V-Max mechanic in Alberta Canada, for a friend now, and myself next year.

I highly recommend this one, though I'm not sure where she wrenches out of.

bike mechanic.jpg

When you find out please let us all know. I'll break my bike on purpose to let her work on it :eusa_dance:
rofl_200.gif

was thinkong the same thing Bro........

with the milage on your bike, id suggest finding a low miler motor and swap the whole thing out... would probably end up being cheaper.

my 2 cents
peace,
evan...

with the mileage on your bike, id suggest finding a low miler motor and swap the whole thing out... would probably end up being cheaper.
Or arrange a swap +money ..... your engine for one of Sean Morley's, done with his overdrive transmission modification (ideal if you put on a lot of k's) You are not that far away. Could be trailered or ridden down, swapped, you could be back in a few days.
Bonus - that "mechanic" pictured above wrenches for Sean. Or so he wishes.
Cheers!

I started shopping around after Mr_NST reminded me of that option. Now Miles has me thinking his way may be best. Tks. guys

with the milage on your bike, id suggest finding a low miler motor and swap the whole thing out... would probably end up being cheaper.

my 2 cents
peace,
evan...

Long way to ship but Kyle has a used 28K mi. engine for $800. I went the same route, bought a used engine not from here & ran it for a few mo. before I made the mistake of dynoing it & it ruined the big end #3 rod on the way home. See my thread 'dyno dilemma.'

I have nearly enough parts to rebuild the dyno-damaged engine but I already have fixed the one I pulled (original stock engine w/bad 2nd gear) to make room for the replacement which was the dyno casualty. Pulling the engine myself & reinstalling it saved me probably $500. The 2nd gear fix including an undercut transmission was just <$1100. What I had done was to take 2 engines w/different problems & get one good one.

I just had my spare Dynojet stage 7 kitted carbs installed & am waiting on gaskets to replace a bad stator. The bike sure seemed to run a lot better w/the stage 7 setup! The intake "growl" from the K&N pods was very welcome.

$800 is a good deal, but at the moment i am job hunting and can't afford that and shipping to Alberta, Canada. If Kyle stills has the motor in the new year i'll consider it, if not i'll look else where.

i have one of Seans engines, the over drive is awesome, and this might be a good time to go with one of this 1300 engines (or bigger).

He has many different options, it might be best to email him or check out his website (i think he has a spreadsheet with pricing)

Back