Loved Bike (Vmax doesn't count!)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
What bike do you wish you hadn't broken up with?

5 months ago, I would have answered Vmax, but I started dating another.

I'm going with a twofer.

My 2000 SV650 with a few suspension additions.

285128063_e997b313c4_o.jpg

And my FJR1300 ABS. 25k in less than 12 months.

285121409_09db40f658_o.jpg

Instead of the SV I would have said my Sprint ST 1050 ABS but I can't find a picture of it anywhere!

My Favorite bike was my '84 Magna V30. This isn't mine but is identical to it.

Attachments

• qqqq 1250.jpg
    qqqq 1250.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 40
84 v65 magna here paid 25$ for it, put 200 in it, romped the hell out of it over a few years then parted it out on ebay and made 1200 bucks

I can't say I wish I never broke up with it... cuz I've only owned 2 bikes... however I've always envied the Ducati 999's

My favorite was the 1982 Harley Davidson FXR. The 5 speed was smooth, the 80 inch shovel head was a brutal torque monster, the "new" frame design was a joy on the highway as well as the twistys compared to an Electraglide. Highway 33 from Ventura up through Ojai to Pine Mountian Inn was a blast. Sold it to move to Oregon back in 1990.

This is a representation, mine was all black.

I've had a number of scooter's, the 2 that i regret getting rid of the most are...cb 750 custom 1980, rebuilt from the ground up.by me...fanastic saphire black paint, & a kz 1000st 1979, first shafty...boohoohooo..:(

shorthair88........

My favorite was the 1982 Harley Davidson FXR. The 5 speed was smooth, the 80 inch shovel head was a brutal torque monster, the "new" frame design was a joy on the highway as well as the twistys compared to an Electraglide. Highway 33 from Ventura up through Ojai to Pine Mountian Inn was a blast. Sold it to move to Oregon back in 1990.

This is a representation, mine was all black.

i've read the FXR was a real step up for harley when it came to handling and other performance.

My old Shadow VLX 600
Dual_Headlight.jpg

And I can't for get my RG125 twin powervalve
or my Magna 750.. or my Shadow 1100...

ALL OF THEM :rofl_200:

i miss all my old bikes:tantrum: but the one i miss the most would have to be my 82 honda cbx sport tourer... smooth i willhave to search for pics it has been like 15 years.:ummm: added pic

Last edited:
i miss each and every bike i've owned, thats likely why i have 3 now, can't bare to sell 'em!
some of the ones that stick out were
89 fzr 400
00 cbr 929
95 yzf 600...

glad i took so many pics of them all!

Two firsts that I loved.....
My first girl and my first bike, a 1984 GPz 750 , bought new for $2995.

Attachments

• Front of Seaford2.jpg
    Front of Seaford2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 15
What bike do you wish you hadn't broken up with?

Mine was an 80 something Honda Nighthawk 650. It was a GREAT ride. I always hoped that Honda would let that machine evolve into a great machine, but as Japanese companies often do it morphed into a silly 250cc bike that had NOTHING to do with the original.

I always wondered about that. Why do they stick with a name like SHADOW and make 4 or 5 bikes with the SAME name but have 650, 750, 1100 cc models? Doesn't ANYONE in Japan have vision or creativity?

I have an uncle that over 40 years has called all of his dogs "Ripper" just like Honda sticking with silly names for what, "brand recognition"? Gad I hope the Max never turns out like the Shadow, or Nighthawk. Even though I don't like the 09 Max at least you can see the heritage of the original I like that!

87-88 Honda Super Magna. V4, Shaft Drive, 6 Speed, Hydro Clutch. I love the style and performance and like the max,,,when you see one there is no denying what it is. Been riding it more lately and realized I'm glad I didn't sell it:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
I FORGOT MY FIRST STREETBIKE! 1976 RD350 GOT MY BIKE LISC ON THAT ONE WHEN I WAS 17. IT WOULDNT KEEP A CHARGE FOR MY DAD HE PARKED IT FOR 5 YRS :bang head:I FIXED THE RECTIFIER AND GOT IT RUNNING SO HE GAVE IT TO ME:biglaugh::eusa_dance:! WHAT A FUN RIDE...SMOKED[ LITERALLY] MANY A 650-750 WITH IT.:punk:added a pic not mine mine was orang with black stripe
1974-yamaha-rd350-3.jpg

Last edited:
I still miss my 920. The pic isn't of mine but very similar.

Attachments

• YAMAHA-XV920R.jpg
    YAMAHA-XV920R.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 9
RZ 350, Kenney Roberts Special. Still dream about it. Have been searching EBAY for 500 ever since.

1984_RZ350.jpg

Back