low rpm surging?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
just curious what would cause a surging while holding a steady throttle in the 1500-2500 rpm range. example would be cruising down a neighborhood street. it will be smooth for a bit but then start surging. to the point i sometimes have to pull the clutch in and blip the throttle for it to stop. as far as im aware the only mods done to the bike are the ufo quadzillas and k&n air filter. 13000 miles

just curious what would cause a surging while holding a steady throttle in the 1500-2500 rpm range. example would be cruising down a neighborhood street. it will be smooth for a bit but then start surging. to the point i sometimes have to pull the clutch in and blip the throttle for it to stop. as far as im aware the only mods done to the bike are the ufo quadzillas and k&n air filter. 13000 miles

Mine does the same thing.....

I just drop a gear to get the RPM up around 3-3500.....smooths right out

hmm i guess i was actually hoping that was a problem. if i go above 3000 rpms the bike starts to wake the dead its so loud. trying to be considerate to the neighbors lol

hmm i guess i was actually hoping that was a problem. if i go above 3000 rpms the bike starts to wake the dead its so loud. trying to be considerate to the neighbors lol

OUCH!!!!

My slipons are nowhere near that loud......

I have no answers......

I'll trade ya:rofl_200:

Sorry...couldn't help myself....

I love the looks of those pipes....not sure I want them that loud though....

How long has it been since you have sync'd the carbs??

just last week for a carb sync. its not unbearable and its fine when im not in my neighborhood. i guess the neighbors will just have to shake in fear for as long as they live here...the exhaust is staying and so am i :rofl_200::punk:

hey slowpoke: your lugging the engine cruzin at 1500 rpm.the max likes more rpm,unlike a harloid or vtx the max has a shorter stroke and needs more spin for smooth operation. if a vmax engine is lugged too much you will pound the conecting rod bearings ,cause to much clearance ,nix the oil pressure and say good by to your engine.remember the max likes to spin!.later buckridge

just last week for a carb sync. its not unbearable and its fine when im not in my neighborhood. i guess the neighbors will just have to shake in fear for as long as they live here...the exhaust is staying and so am i :rofl_200::punk:

That's the spirit!!!!!

Let'em roar!!!!!:eusa_dance:

Just make sure to invite the neighbors over for a bbq now and then....

I find that works wonders:eusa_dance:

just curious what would cause a surging while holding a steady throttle in the 1500-2500 rpm range.

Mine does the same thing at idle in neutral, but I rarely run it in gear that slow so I can't say about your revs.

I bought mine with 12k miles on it, everyone who hears it says it has had the cams replaced. The unfortunate thing about being the second owner is you do not know what's inside.

cool beans. ill just go door to door accepting donations since im working as their alarm clock in the mornings :rofl_200:

Mine does the same thing at idle in neutral, but I rarely run it in gear that slow so I can't say about your revs.

I bought mine with 12k miles on it, everyone who hears it says it has had the cams replaced. The unfortunate thing about being the second owner is you do not know what's inside.

That's normal... The offbeat of a V4 is pretty common and can be misconstrued as high lift cams. You should hear them with cams... :eusa_dance:

Back