Lowering a Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr-Hill87

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just bought a 2010 VMAX I was wondering about how much it would run me to have it lowered???,, I've heard it wouldn't be cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

more info on gen 2 on starvmaxforum.net lowering links are pretty cheap at voodooor ufo not sure of others if you do the work yourself alot cheaper then paying for the labor. I read somewhere roughly 4 hrs to lower ? Mine was lowered before I bought it..

Yeah, lowered my own in about 3 hours or so. Not a big job really, pretty much straight forward, assuming you have the skills and tools to remove the swingarm.
Mine is lowered 2" in the rear

Attachments

• DSC_5858.jpg
    DSC_5858.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 59
MrHill,
I have a brand new, 1" UFO lowering link ( with bearings installed ) that I considered installing when I got my Gen2, but didn't. The suspension adjustments that ItGoes suggested in one of the threads on the StarVmax site did it for me. Your welcome to it if you like. Can bring it to the Mi Hooligan ride in July if you're attending too.

MeHill ,

I can take a good 1+ out of the height of your seat and shave it through the thigh area to gain you some "more toes on the ground" as a recent customer claimed. If you'd like pics shoot me an email at [email protected]

Cheap & easy and may just do the trick , it worked for me

Attachments

• photo 1[1].jpg
    photo 1[1].jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 2[1].jpg
    photo 2[1].jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
KosRider, Could I get more info on the suspension adjustment maybe it would help me out to..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KosRider, Could I get more info on the suspension adjustment maybe it would help me

Here's what I did to lower the Vmax : raised the front forks up 3/4" in the triple tree ; set the front fork spring preload settings to 4 ; set the rear spring preload to 11 (soft) ; and kept the rebound and compression settings +\- 1 to 2 clicks from the std settings based on ride preference. This allowed me to go from tippy-toe holding the bike up to flat footed holding it up.

For extra comfort, I ended up also getting a Corbin seat ($450) that was shaved and lowered too. This was before Rick (Twisted-max) was offering his services as he noted. If I were doing this today, I'd be working with Rick to have the seat modified.
He does great work. :clapping:

Here's what I did to lower the Vmax : raised the front forks up 3/4" in the triple tree ; set the front fork spring preload settings to 4 ; set the rear spring preload to 11 (soft) ; and kept the rebound and compression settings +\- 1 to 2 clicks from the std settings based on ride preference. This allowed me to go from tippy-toe holding the bike up to flat footed holding it up.

For extra comfort, I ended up also getting a Corbin seat ($450) that was shaved and lowered too. This was before Rick (Twisted-max) was offering his services as he noted. If I were doing this today, I'd be working with Rick to have the seat modified.
He does great work. :clapping:

Thanks Jeff. ,

I'm just waiting on a card design to really start promoting "FINAL ASS-SETT" Tailored MC seats

But yes I have a few lowered gen II Seats done and I'm going to start working on custom covers for the Gen II. Very soon

I will be at the Michigan Rally July 11th and my 2009 has a UFO 2" lowering link and a UFO seat with a 2" cutdown. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam and flatfooted on level ground. Suspension setting are set stiif to keep the rear fender and license plate off my 240 tire. No problems ever. Course, I only weigh about 150 lbs. 170 lbs on a fat day. LOL

Rick

I just ordered my 2" lowering link and shorter adjustable kickstand (Black) from Voodoomoto.com

Did you realize you are responding to message that was 7 1/2 years ago?

The member that made the previous post has not logged in for 4 1/2 years, so you probably don't want to hold your breath.

Maybe someone else will be along to help.

Back