made a dyno need your advice.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Supertrapps are obviously holding you back. A good exhaust system should wake that motor right up. I would bet when you install the 150 mains and put on a good exhaust you will easily break the 140 RWHP. Did the FCRs come from PCW to you with 160 mains? I never would think Gainey would put 39mm out the door with 160 mains. Also, how do the plugs look at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle riding. I would think you have to reset the needle positions higher? I think nothing sounds better than Supertraps and open V-Boost, just way too restrictive for your motor. Just an old guys opinion.

rick rash

I'm thinking 145ish range with a good header (i've got a few used ones I am just now posting info on).

RICK52 NOW i didnt get them staight from pcw. I got them used in a very good price. and in very good condition. My guess is that it was on bored engine that's why 160 main jets. the jets can easily be replaced. i give credit to the man to the man that sold them to me how contacted on behalve of me to pcw for an issue without me asking for it for a very small problem which was fixed right away. this man was John Furbur. i give credit also to Sean morley which made me an offer for 41mm flatsides which i didnt get but in my thread he replyed with no hesistation in my current thread for giving info to my questions.... he should be awarded with a V-mister nice guy award. if it dosnt exist . they should make one.Satariel.... you called me JERK.. with capitals...i already forgot it. you own a very nice machine and i leave the thing that occured behind. If you want to proove the knowledge you have proove it with a mechanick.... i deal with guns bombs ,dont know the all the aswers about carbs and engines. i cant split up an m16 in 4 sec's yes i can. but have no idea about instruments and fuel ratio's i can dive also pretty well........ it is something more than special forces..... in us, it is called seal team. i dont care if i dont have the best v-max . but i care with the v-max i own .... it produces everything it can produce. and i believe every v-max rider wants that.

I have posted pics of the headers in the Morleys muscle section of the forum along with prices. There are currently 3 available.

My own 2 cents:

Next tuning session have him run the bike pull after pull until you get three repeatable runs. I have had maxes require 10 pulls until reach a plateau. With out doing anything else we know your machine was rich. 9.5:1 is super fat but it should also be stated that the LSU4 sensor used by the Innovate doesn't read very accurate down there. They are good from about 10.5:1 through 16:1 Have the tuner make back to back pulls regardless of AFR (except of course if it's leaner than say 14.5:1) until the power numbers no longer rise. That way when you start changing mains you will see not only the AFR change, but the power as well.

The problem with two pulls and a jet change is that if you change jets fast enough the heat soak will give a subsequent rise in HP. There's no way to tell that just the jet change gave the hp increase until a nice repeatable power level is observed. Now I say that knowing full well that a change resulting in an AFR of 12.5:1 will certainly yield better results, but the point is you might have had a 140hp combo with the previous jetting, you just don't know how much higher the machine would have risen.

Therefore, if you can get him to do it, for every jet change get three repeatable runs within 0.5 hp before moving to the next jet change. That way you have documented proof that your final AFR produces max hp.

Yo malaka, you ain't going to make any power without a good set of headers.

IMHO

xaxa nobody , bad boy.... the next thing i am gonna get is a good set of headers. I promise. xaxaxa. if my bike produces 140hp for example. with a good system will i reach 150 hp???

I believe even a stock bike will benefit from a full set of pipes and a good carb tune/adjustment, so a modified one like yours should surely have an increase in horsepower and torque. I would think with all the internal mods you have, that pipes would be your next (or first) step.

Back