made a dyno need your advice.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine 1300cc high compresion je piston.carrilo rods. Stage one heads. Fcr 's 39 pcw setup.

I made 2 dyno runs. In a 20 years expierence drag racer which has a dyno.

He uses an instrument called innovator for measuring the air fuel ratio. (sean morley i hope you know the instrument because i need your lights here).
He told me this instrument the lower numbers you see the smallest main jets you need. Lower number = to much fuel.

1st dyno was at 9.5 air fuel ratio the power was 126 hp.
When the engine became a little hotter we run a 2nd dyno where the air fuel ratio was 10.5 and stayed there. Power was 136.39 hp = 138 ps.

He told me that there is more power if we achieve the 13 -13.1 air fuel ratio but i need smaller main jets. My fcr's have 160 mian jet's.
He told me he could "play" the air fuel ratio screw but the only thing i will do i to lose power in the lower and gain the power in the higher rpm's. So his advice was to try some smaller jets to try reaching the 13.1 air fuel ratio. I couldnt have a page for the air fuel. But in idle the fuel ratio was about 12.5 but in higher it droped to 10.5. I say again the instument measures smaller numbers= to much fuel.

Here is the dyno . How much more power will i gain if i achieve the 13.1 air fuel ratio ? ? ?
The power comes below 8000 rpm after it drops

Attachments

• 2010-12-11 12.42.04.jpg
    2010-12-11 12.42.04.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 67
Sounds like you will need to change all the jets + the metering rods.
We will all get confused if I try to tell you what I know about flat slides. Contact John at www.pcwracing.net . He does this everyday and will hit it on the 1st guess.

Good Luck

Did he not give you a reading for the A/F curve? I have a reader I can view the file with if he'll email it to you (and or me). BUT, for every 1pt of a/f you are off is about 3hp is what we've found. We also pull back to back pulls until the reading starts dropping hp. That can be anywhere from 4-5 pulls to 10-12 pulls. This is done over maybe 10 minutes total time.

Sean

At the risk of showing my ignorance and lack of experience I will share anyway. LOL My 1260 motor dyno pulls revealed to me my RWHP@ A/F while on the dyno was for WOT. Running with the 150 mains as supplied by PCW I measured 139 RWHP . I dropped down to the 142 mains and measured my targeted 140 RWHP. I did try 157 mains and way too rich. I went back to the 150 mains as slight rich is better for the motor. Note though- with and Kerker 4/2/1 exhaust I ran the needles at #4 clip. When I put on the UFO Dragstar 4/2/1 I fouled plugs in daily riding 1/4 to 3/4 throttle and had to lower my needles to #3 clip. So I am impressed that you are so lean with 160 mains. My compression was only 11.5/1 So your higher compression motor and exhaust(?????) must be the reason. In fact, my 1500 Tourmaster (160 RWHP) is very happy with the 150 mains. All 4 of my motor configurations, 1200, 1260, 1500 , 1500EFI and 1500 FCR all made the best RWHP and best ride ability at the 12.8 to 13.1 range. I was able to tune my EFI and tune my FCR using a Dynjajet Wideband Commander. rick rash

RICK52 I AM NOT LEAN. i am very reach.I said that the system that the dyno man had is a innovator. if you see numbers below 13.2 you are rich mine was 10.5 if you see numbers more than 13.2 then you are lean. it is quite a different system . but the guy made a full analyses of that to make me understand that i am 2,7 richer from my aim 13.2 air fuel ratio. i also orderd 150 main jets for my fcr's and i wll keep you posted. thanks for the reply

Your right, I am the "complete idiot" I know the lower the # the richer and higher the more lean. Duh! to Me. LOL Had a late night last night. Yes, I think your 160 mains are waay to much. Like I said, the 150 mains were spot on for me. What exhaust are you running? I and provide you my 1260 PCW 39mm FCR complete as built for my motor. rick

Not trying to start a pissing match. 150 is a good start for the main, a little less might still be better. Not knowing about the rest of the plumbing, any VMAX that was running a 160 main most likely had a very lean needle, a mighty small air jet, and I will not even guess on the slow fuel jet. I promise I will not post again, I just wanted to be helpful.

Good Luck

you are out of the point satariel we are talking about air fuel ratio and main jets. tell me something i dont know.

Question:
Will the basic exhaust parameters change the AFR?

EDIT:
Next question.

How do the inlet size compares to the outlet size?
Im talking about carb size to exhaust size relation.

Without changing any parameters to my current setup do you have any info I could use.....; I know if a had bigger headers I would had more hp. I dont .this is not the issue. Post something usefull for my current problem with my current setup. Constandly you post things to my threads like you try to proove something I dont know but you missing the point. If you dont have some thing usefull dont reply to my threads. Come man pull your self togethet

I post everywhere LOL and i never took more care about your posts.... :smileystooges:
I dont even remember about you...

You started to choose who will you let to answer on your neverending questions and meanwhile you've become a person who can answer on his own questions by himself nowing whats the shit and whats not LOL...have a good luck...

And just incase you didnt notice at your last post you indicated you took a special care for me since you made a psycological profil for me,and you are way wrong...... I post what I think and all answers are welcome and many answers give me sollutions except yours you only post things trying to prove something that is only only on your mind. You live on your world. If I ever see you awarded mister nice guy I leave the forum. Some guys realy desearve it. Sean morley made me an offer which still I didnt took it replied like he should. And he deserve it he is a nice guy. And they should add a star in his award because he deserves it. I dont wont to be rude..... But you are a Zero

Latest posts

Back