Made in U.S.A

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty72

Reaction score
Sharing an email here, I believe it makes a very good point, as I am made in the USA. how about you?

This article will make you think before you make a purchase.

"A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad

tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would . With that thought in mind, read

the following............obviously written by a good American.

(I think this lady's on the right track)

Check this out. I was in Lowes the other day, and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose

attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware, and just for the

heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA . Got me thinking. Start

looking.

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy, or do, affects someone else - maybe

even their job.. My grandson likes

Hershey's candy. I just noticed that it is marked 'made in Mexico ' now. I choose not to buy it any

more.

My favorite toothpaste, Colgate, is also 'made in Mexico ' now. I've switched to Crest. You have

to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. (Can be true for any store.) I needed 60W light bulbs, and

Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy,

was an off brand labeled, "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats

- they were the same, except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value

brand.........but the thing that surprised me the most, was the fact that GE was 'made in MEXICO '

and the Everyday Value brand was 'made in (you got it) the USA ', in a company in Cleveland , Ohio ..

So throw out the myth that you cannot find the products you use every day.......made right

here!!!!!!!

On I went to another aisle. Those Bounce Dryer Sheets I needed - yep, you guessed it! Bounce cost

more money - and - it's made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money - and - 'MADE IN

THE USA '! Bye-bye Bounce! I did laundry yesterday, and the dryer sheets performed just like the

Bounce Free I've been using for years...........and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is this. Start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things, and see

what you can find that is made in the USA . The job you save may be your own, or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book, so we can all start buying

American......one light bulb at a time!

Stop buying from overseas companies and other countries!

We should have awakened a decade ago. Longer than that, over 30 years ago it was already

happening.

Let's get with the program and help our fellow Americans keep their jobs, and create even more jobs,

right here in the U. S. A. "

Yeah, I've often wondered how anyone can tell, on items of any complexity (like a bike), the percentage of items manufactured/assembled domestically.
I am a certifieded Harley Technician the forks have been made by shoie forever & you can take off the gauges on most newer ones & they say made in china right on the back & japs have always made there carbs & stators are china as far as the new bikes they use delphi fuel injection which is basically a version of GM can you say made in Mexico. I have nothing against them there just to slow for my liking.

At least it seems the overall quality of chinese stuff has risen in recent years. Notably, in tools and larger equipment. Every day the Harbor Freight near me has a full parking lot, and the independent True value is virtually empty. The only thing I go there for anymore is actual hardware(nuts, bolts) because it's closer. Stuff at the TV costs 3-4x more, and most of it is the same chinese crap anyway. Almost all of my tools except for a Craftsman ratchet set came from HF and I've been happy with it. The real kicker now if that most of HF's tools carry the same warranty as Craftsman, a lifetime free replacement. I broke some snap ring pliers, brought them to the store and they handed me a new set no questions asked. That makes paying 5x more for a USA made set kinda hard to swallow. While I'd buy the American set every time if they were comprable price, or even if the USA made set was a little more, I can't can't justify to myself spending almost $30 instead of $5 for a comparable product just to get the warm 'n fuzzy patriot feeling.

We need to find some balance in this country between corporations and the individual workers, and the gov't is most definitely NOT helping this. Big unions demand more and more pay raises, more benefits, bigger pensions. Companies can't afford to pay more and still remain competitive against cheap Chinese items. So they are forced to outsource for cheaper labor to countries where workers are thrilled to get half the wage they originally paid the American workers. This trend continues and before long virtually nothing will be 100% American any more, because it's just too damn expensive to make anything here.

Our auto industry is no different. Both GM and Ford import parts and sub-assemblies from Canada or Mexico. For decades Ford's iconic 351 was imported from Windsor(the hi-po Mustang 351 was from Cleveland). My old '93 F150 had that Canadian made motor in it...had almost 150k and ran like new. I have zero problem with US companies importing parts so long as quality does not suffer, and from the looks of it, importing seems to have improved domestic car quality(go figure).

I'll stick by my Fords to get me around, but when it's time for fun, I turn to my Yamaha.

It's even more obvious with snowmobiles the import pressure. The two domestic companies (Polaris and Arctic Cat) in recent years have been playing catch-up to Ski-doo's chassis innovations and Yamaha's 4 stroke technology. Cat has been using Japanese made Suzuki engines for decades, and most of their sleds say "assembled in the USA", since pretty much everything but a few bits of plastic and the tunnel is imported. I know Polaris gave up trying to make an in-house 4 stroke and buys them from the German company Weber. However, every Polaris I've owned or ridden has been a disappointment and seemingly nothing but maintenance...reliability and overall quality seem to be several notches below everone else.

It doesn't go as far as simply your light bulbs.

The very food we eat is from different countries.

America as you all know it (Canada included) is a consumer market. We consume and consume and consume. We expect cheap prices and expect to be paid hand over fist for our time. We have a feeling of entitlement. Why shouldn't we get cheap prices? We are world leaders?

Yes. We were.

Now, we are fat and consuming at an alarming rate.

The best thing you can do for your economy is support LOCALLY grown / produced food. Buy the products made right here in the USA / Canada.

Sadly, the way the mass of lemmings thinks right now is " me me me " - and what's cheapest.

You think THIS recession is bad? Wait until the American dollar isn't top dog (very close to being de-throned). You think NOW is tough?

Wait until you have no money to buy imported food (and you don't produce enough locally - because no one ever bought it).

Wait until you have no exports because we sold them all to China.

Wow. How's that for pessimistic?

We need to find some balance in this country between corporations and the individual workers, and the gov't is most definitely NOT helping this. Big unions demand more and more pay raises, more benefits, bigger pensions. Companies can't afford to pay more and still remain competitive against cheap Chinese items. So they are forced to outsource for cheaper labor to countries where workers are thrilled to get half the wage they originally paid the American workers. This trend continues and before long virtually nothing will be 100% American any more, because it's just too damn expensive to make anything here.

I'd say you are mistaken if you think Chinese workers get anywhere close to 1/2 the wage of a N.A. worker.

Buster, you are right on with the wage thing.

I think the government needs to step in and tax the shit out of the imported goods. China and other countries don't have unions, good wages, epa shit to deal with, insurance, lawsuits etc.... The government needs to protect the people and businesses here in the US. US companies are basically be forced to move factories to other countires, but we as US workers and companies also need to take a step back and look at the big picture.... should a union worker on an assembly line that has been there for 30 years be making $70, $80K + a year that doesn't have a college education? Maybe that worker is worth it, but there are probably 10 others that aren't. Big CEO's of companies making millions each year... are they really worth it? If the company goes down, I think they should have to have some sort of insurance in case it does. Look at doctors, they carry this kind of insurance. Bottom line is that US companies are looking at pleasing their shareholders and not looking at the big picture. They are more worried about the next 1/4 profits than they are about the people that work for them. Greed plays a big part in this, and the government is not helping since they are so corrupt and are basically working for the large corporations anyway. I think I hit on about 10 different items... I think it is time for another beer... I'm gonna be a daddy in 2 days!!!!!!

To me what shows the extravagence of the US, is the unrealistic salarys professional athetes make.
Is any ball player worth a 7 year $300,000,000+ contract with an additional $80,000,000 a year endorcement deal?

The medical profession seems to have lost it's way too. What happened to "I became a doctor to help the sick and disfigured." Now it seems like it's
"I became a doctor to move to LA to inject assfat and perform 5-$20,000 boob jobs a day."

To me what shows the extravagence of the US, is the unrealistic salarys professional athetes make.
Is any ball player worth a 7 year $300,000,000+ contract with an additional $80,000,000 a year endorcement deal?

The medical profession seems to have lost it's way too. What happened to "I became a doctor to help the sick and disfigured." Now it seems like it's
"I became a doctor to move to LA to inject assfat and perform 5-$20,000 boob jobs a day."

I totally agree on the pro athletes salaries, however that only yours and my opinions. The millions and millions of fans that pay out the ass to buy tickets to go see them, well they have different opinions than ours. The biggest problem we face here i believe is the majority of Americans with the "What can my country do for me" attitudes. Our goverment is waaaaaay to big and has it's nose into way to much shit. Fuck them telling me I can't spank my child. That's what's wrong with kids today, no fear of consequences because there are none. Maybe they like time-out, beats being whipped with a belt huh? Pussified America brought on by liberalism. How can we even start to fight it now? The Nuge for president?

Sure is getting worse and worse. Our money is going out of country, either through buying or taxes, especially with a lot of the blow money (stimulus). Happened to of received an email today about the economy stating there is a plan to bring the dollar down with the Peso, to devalue the dollar, like the Japanese did the Yen, which didn't work well. The TARP Chief has told congress that the bailout will now total over 23 trillion. Thats more than what the country's worth.

Two Quotes:
"Deliberately devaluing the U.S. dollar will make U.S. government debt obligations less onerous, American exports relatively cheap, and rally the stock market.
There is only one problem with their plan!
By causing inflation to soar, it will wipe out the life savings of generations . . . and destroy the U.S. economy for decades to come . . ."

"Twenty years ago, Japan was one of the richest countries in the world and had one of the highest standards of living. Everyone was talking about "Theory Z" and the Japanese state-controlled approach to business.
Then, in the 1990s, the Japanese asset bubble in stocks and real estate went through a crash similar to what we are experiencing now.
Rather than use free-market approaches to address the problem, Japanese policymakers did many of the same things the Obama administration is doing today, such as keeping interest rates artificially low, spending heavily ? and deliberately devaluing the yen to spur exports.
The result: The Japanese economy has NEVER recovered. The Nikkei, the Japanese stock market, plummeted 86% ? and is STILL down 75% from its historic high.
Today, the Japanese rank 24th in the world in per-capita income, according to the International Monetary Fund.
Like Japan, the United States could see a significant unwinding of its real wealth."

GNP plays a huge factor in a country. We have an oil field 5 times the size of Saudi's in the upper Midwest. Why are we buying foreign oil, other than to deplete other fields first. This administration has just put a dampener on logging in Oregon, putting people out of work. Controlled logging is proven to be much better for the environment, let alone the economy.

My wife's '07 Chevy Aveo was made in S Korea. I had mostly been a Chevy/ Pontiac guy. I won't be buying a GMC/ Government Motors Car again. That kind business is on the verge of communism. I have to admire Ford.

Had a co-worker that bought his first bike, a HD, about five years ago. He wanted 'American made'. I told him it was maybe, American assembled. He did go ahead and buy a HD, but admitted that, on a factory tour, he seen stacks of wheels in boxes that were marked 'Made in China.'

China recently came out blasting America for being a great polluter, wanting us to cut back on gases. (Which most of the findings are a crock 'o chit.) China has become the greatest polluter with their massive growth. They're not stupid. We cut back on production, growth, jobs and wealth. They become richer. Best yet, there are some in our government that would be stupid enough to listen to them.

Personally speaking, it'll take an act of God to get us out of the toilet. If one thinks deeply and studies it all out, how can America ever think to get out of this debt, with common, economics sense almost completely gone from D.C.?:confused2:

At the risk of repeating myself, anyone ever check the "Made In..." tags on VMOA apparel?

Cheers,

Blaine

noone cares anymore, every war weve ever fought has been for nothing

noone cares anymore, every war weve ever fought has been for nothing

That is a pretty harsh statement, you better be able to back that up. I know quite a few vets and soldiers that would disagree. Without seeing what they see, I think it is very hard to say that. How many Nazis are there slaughtering innocent people? How is the relationship between the US and Japan? (We aren't best friends, but we aren't enemies either) Oh, and we no longer have to report to anyone in Europe do we....

Technology has changed the world so quickly that the people, and the governments are trying to play catch up.... a very tough task no matter who you are and what country you are from.

No one cares, I CARE i have uncles that fought in Nam who still to this day cant talk about what they saw over there,friends who fought in Desert Storm,and relatives who are fighting for your freedom today,maybe you think the cause is wrong but bottom line you cant put a price on freedom. Remember 911 to many of us swept it under the rug and forgot,those who died for YOUR freedom.JIM 3933

Latest posts

Back