Makin' it CLEAR...(or doin' my best to try...)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMSVMAX

Reaction score
For those of you who like to blast away,
& claim I don't contribute to this forum or its' members, let me say this:

I'm ALWAYS more than willing to answer/speak with someone here on the forum,

(just figured out why I wasn't getting emails-had an old address listed-have corrected that)

or on the phone,

(usually the best way to reach me, although I do get busy, so it may take a few tries...)

REGARDLESS of whether or not they have EVER spent a DIME with me, & am MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP/ADVISE, whenever & wherever I can.

(BTW, I'm just a 'parts guy', so I don't claim to 'know it all', but am willing to share whatever I have learned...)

I don't get a chance to get on this Forum very often, particularly during the 'silly season', & when I do, YES, I have items to post for sale, & Yes, they DO get priority.

There are not many who have done more to promote both VMAXs, & VMAX lovers, than I have, for YEARS now...
& I've been happy, & privileged, to do whatever I can.

(budget is limited, especially in this economy, so I have to choose wisely, or I won't be around very long......)

Do I make a profit as well...???
Not just Yes, but HELL YES.

(OK, I try...lol)

For those of you who DON'T really know me, what I do, or what I'm REALLY ALL ABOUT,

(or just HOW MUCH $$$ I'm making on "poor" VMAX owners...PLEASE...Bring YOUR bank statement, if you like-I'll be more than happy to compare...)

our shop is ALWAYS open to ANY & ALL VMAX lovers,
& my ear is very 'bendable' as well...
ANYONE who has been here,
(& I've been blessed with more than a few visitors over the years...)
can tell you the REAL truth...
The rest are simply guessing, & 'smokin' keyboards'.
'Nuff said.

(THANK YOU for letting me vent; I'm NOT very P.C., & don't always say what's best, from a business standpoint anyway, but it MATTERS to me, & I AM just as real as it gets...NO EXCUSES for that...lol)

Happy Holidays to one & all from SportMax!:eusa_dance:

(& from Lil' John, to my friends...I AM grateful to have made so many good ones!)

Good to hear your well and still in business . So many of the long time vendors have faded away. If I ever make it back east I'll be sure to put you on my places to go, people to see list. Rand.

Good to hear your well and still in business . So many of the long time vendors have faded away. If I ever make it back east I'll be sure to put you on my places to go, people to see list. Rand.

PLEASE DO, Rand; I would be more then happy to meet you!
THANK YOU for the nice things said; They DO mean alot.

(I'm just too stubborn to fade anyway...!!!...LOL)
:worthy:

Not sure what this is all about John but I've conducted business with you a few times over the years and talked on the phone with you many times and you're definitely a good guy in my book! :punk:

I'm not very active on this forum but am a longtime Max owner x3 (VMOA 2103)..I've purchased several items from John & spoken to him on the phone on numerous occasions.His service,shipping & parts quality have always been excellent.My last purchase was a Sportmax rear wheel (18') in July,2011.John shipped it w/in 1-2 days & I am very satisfied with the wheel & John's help in promptly answering my dumb questions. Hate to hear members of this excellent forum with disagreements but hopefully any issues can be resolved.

Dude,

If you don't make it hear very often, maybe you haven't seen that you have a pretty good reputation here! You sound like a good bloke to me, and I'm sure that you meant no harm with that e-bay thing.

I personally added to the comments. I hope you know that my dig about e-snipe was not meant to rub the wrong way. I find the concept of a robotic sniper quite funny, and given the presence of US Forces people on this site, I found it twice as funny. :biglaugh:

Sometimes there's a thin line between business relations and friendship.
That line has been erased on vmaxforum, and that has the potential for the occasional flare up.

From me, in all sincerity, from the bottom of my heart, DON'T F*ING WORRY ABOUT IT!! :eusa_dance: Rock on! :punk:

I have sold ,traded & bought things from you a few times & have no problems with you. As far as I am concerned in my book you are all good. People can not keep up with life & all the forums these days. Good luck with your buisness your all good in my book.

No problems with John either. Even managed to get him to loan me a bike at Thunder (which he won't normally do for just anyone so I was quite happy).

Sean

Have purchased a few items from SPORTMAX. Communication was great and parts (except the seat took forever) shipped promptly. John has always taken the time to explain all aspects of the purchases and to answer all my lame ass questions. To me that is good customer service and that is something that's getting increasingly more difficult to find. I guess all dealings can't work out perfectly but so far, for me John has shown good character. Just my 2 cents, and in the mean time as they say on the T and V,
Keep your right hand cranked and the rubber side down.

I want to publicly say Jon and Steve have communicated by e-mail. And I believe resolved any issues between us. I hope this, turned nasty situation, has taught Steve, Jon and everybody to attempt to resolve issues and personal aimed comments by pm and email if possible. If I sent my rebuttle back by pm to Jon, a lot of Sh** would have been avoided. For that I appoligize to EVERYONE, Lil Jon absolutely included. Peace on this forum.
Steve-o

thank you guys for keeping this thread civil and closing on a good note. we're all brothers here, most forums couldn't come back together in this way.

John is and has always been good people all around. I have sold stuff to John and bought stuff going back to the 1990's. I have also traded and been to his shop in person more than once! It is a 5 hour drive each way but when you want to ride and the parts are there you do what is needed! Thanks John and I also understand it is a business and you have my support! You have been there for me and my friends when we needed you!

Guys, I just got a chance to read all of these comments,
&, to be quite frank,...
Right now, it's pretty hard to see the keyboard to type...

THANK YOU, from the very bottom of my heart, for all of the kind words.

I'm NOT perfect;
Far from it, in fact, & I can't/don't always please everyone...
But I really DO TRY to be fair, whenever possible,
& treat others the way I would want to be treated.

A BIG part of why I do what I do,
is because I've loved always loved VMAXs,
ever since I saw Gleason doing the monster burnout,
& another big part is the "MAX Buds" I've made over the years...
(have had some PRICELESS moments,...:punk:...& am ALWAYS looking forward to the NEXT one!!!)

So, when I get the "He's only in it for the $$$" type comments,
it really boils my blood, & I react STRONGLY, :damn angry:
(...& pretty badly sometimes...:bang head:...lol)
BECAUSE IT MATTERS TO ME.

THANKS AGAIN for understanding,:worthy:
& putting up with my 'antics' over the years!!!

Happy Holidays from SportMax,
& ALL THE BEST in 2012!!!:clapping:

'Johnny Hacksaw'

Last edited:
I'll add to the pile of testimonial evidence supporting Mr. Furbur's character. I've only had two transactions to date involving John. The first being his "infamous" washer that i proudly run now after months of hemming and hawing its validity. The second being the torque bars off of the '93 that he started parting back in Aug '11. Although I understood the purpose but was still a bit uneasy with the whole use of money orders (John recalls my anxiety), I look back wondering what my hangup was all about and now say that from the purchase to the reception of a well-packaged, as-advertised item, the whole transaction was very positive. John is on top of his game and promptly responds to email. He is very professional and understanding and most importantly FAIR. He has given me absolutely no reason to speak ill of him.

i also had a very good deals with John, Had no problems very quick reply's very fast shipping (i leave in greece) got my fcr's which were in great condition and i a very fair price.

My contact with John Furbur has been civil and direct.

I understand the frustration you can experience when things do not go as-planned.

When I do business with him, I hope for all of the former and none of the latter.

Back