March Motor Cyclist Magizine V-Max vs B-King

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty upset that Yamaha didnt do better with the 09 VMAX performance. In a way I am glad I didnt purchase one and get stomped by a B-KING I would have been pissed, but I will say that Suzuki does build some fast and strong engines!!
Really we all thought the VMAX would atleast beat the ugly ass Bking in a class where it was the master and legend the dragstrip.. Guess not,, poor ol Yamaha and the ones that bought the 09 VMAX thinking it was going to take the 1/4 crown back... How big is that engine 1679 and the Bking is?? 1320 dayumn over 300 CC and still cant out run it in the 1/4..
I know this will piss a lot of VMAX people off but ohh well its reality and honest... Get over it, the vmax was bad ass back in the 80's

Yamaha you let me down again and embarassed me bragging to all my friends last year..

If all you care about is "being stomped by a B-king" you are missing the point all together. Besides Suzuki doesnt even make the engine for the B-King.

I was under the impression that the B-King uses the Busa engine with some tweaks to make it more torquey? Could be wrong though? :confused2:

If all you care about is "being stomped by a B-king" you are missing the point all together. Besides Suzuki doesnt even make the engine for the B-King.

Yeah i guess I missed the point.. all kinds of hype about the new VMAX making 200 HP and expecting to run 9's in the qaurter.. When it gets here its deep into the 10's...
Yeah in all honesty if I paid 17,000 for a muscle bike I would expect it to perform like a muscle bike...

Yeah i guess I missed the point.. all kinds of hype about the new VMAX making 200 HP and expecting to run 9's in the qaurter.. When it gets here its deep into the 10's...
Yeah in all honesty if I paid 17,000 for a muscle bike I would expect it to perform like a muscle bike...

Why would I care if a BKing will beat me in a quarter by a 10th or two when I am 0 - 60 in 2.7 seconds?? Now, that's where I live! If all you care about is the quarter mile, then get a Busa with an extended swing arm; gas it and go 8.5 sec. Woopeee

Why would I care if a BKing will beat me in a quarter by a 10th or two when I am 0 - 60 in 2.7 seconds?? Now, that's where I live! If all you care about is the quarter mile, then get a Busa with an extended swing arm; gas it and go 8.5 sec. Woopeee

Yeah well I hate to tell you this I can holeshot a bking on my Legacy VMAX... and I am sure my 0-60 times are faster then 2.7,, hell I can 60 ft 1.5 seconds and I am betting my 0-60mph is around the 2.3-2.5 range How about roll on power? whats the numbers for the 60-80 did the VMAX win that? Or any performace but the 0-60 number....

In a way I am glad I didnt purchase one and get stomped by a B-KING

poor ol Yamaha and the ones that bought the 09 VMAX thinking it was going to take the 1/4 crown back... How big is that engine 1679 and the Bking is?? 1320 dayumn over 300 CC and still cant out run it in the 1/4..

I'm glad you didn't purchase one either.

You talk as though the Vmax doesn't have enough power to beat a B-King based on your engine size comparison. Have you forgotten the weight differences that just might have an impact?

Also, this is still comparing apples and oranges. You better hurry up and get a B-King while you can since they aren't making them anymore.

I'm glad you didn't purchase one either.

You talk as though the Vmax doesn't have enough power to beat a B-King based on your engine size comparison. Have you forgotten the weight differences that just might have an impact?

Also, this is still comparing apples and oranges. You better hurry up and get a B-King while you can since they aren't making them anymore.

Hmm no i didnt forget the weight difference.. I drank my prune juice today or was it hmmmm I cant remember ??:ummm:

But I would think the 356CC difference would be more then enough to make up for it.... CC to HP you do the numbers and tell me who makes more HP per CC..
Going back to find my memory thanks for the refresher.....

It's all about the rider on the street anyways, normally a better rider wins even if the guy next to you has a "faster" bike.
Lankee, if you rode the '09 Vmax do you think it would win vs the Bking? Sounds like you think it might not? :confused2:
I think most people here would care less if professional riders determined that the Bking was a couple tenths quicker. Or maybe they were biased magazine riders, who knows? Who cares, if that's all the Vmax means to you , I'm sure you have been disappointed with your Vmax way before the '09 came out.

It's all about the rider on the street anyways, normally a better rider wins even if the guy next to you has a "faster" bike.
Lankee, if you rode the '09 Vmax do you think it would win vs the Bking? Sounds like you think it might not? :confused2:
I think most people here would care less if professional riders determined that the Bking was a couple tenths quicker. Or maybe they were biased magazine riders, who knows? Who cares, if that's all the Vmax means to you , I'm sure you have been disappointed with your Vmax way before the '09 came out.

Yes Redbone you are correct it all comes down to rider with motorcycle racing and making the numbers, big difference from auto racing.
I think I could I lay down a faster number on the BKing in the 1/4 mile, but I am sure it would take more time to get the launch down compared to the 09 VMAX.. On the street I know the 09 VMAX will beat most riders in the first 500FT race with a decent expierenced rider with balls.
I am satisfied with my VMAX until I get 2nd gear thats when it slows down. When I ride a motorcycle I like "Roll On Power" 60 - 130 mph is nice! which about the onlything I can pull away from is Harleys and cruisers.
I was really dissapointed once the numbers came out on the 09 VMAX. I was hoping to see some 9.80 test passes with more grunt! Basically the way I see the 09 VMAX is an over priced Camaro with a V-6 in it. Sorry to all the people that went out and spent all that money. Once again Yamaha just barely makes it under the bar rather then raising the performance bar.

I know a earlier post had Dale walker running a 10. teen with the vmax on a hot day in Sacramento. Of course he wasn't testing a B king at the same time. But somebody(a pro) has already run the vmax faster than the rider at motorcyclist magazine. Maybe there rider does not know how to launch a tourqy V4 ?

Back