Marks exhaust- different muffler options?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI , just seeing what options I have to open to me. I have a Mark's 4-2 stainless system. Love the sound but its slowly killing my ears.. even with ear plugs. I do sound work and my ears are important and I dont know much about the exhaust options.
I bought the bike with the full system on it and again love the sound most of the time.. but long rides and with my wife on it I wanted to look into other options. Are they repackable? Maybe a longer muffler? anyone tried putting a different muffler on there max?? Thanks, Tim

Mark has quite a few options for mufflers....both baffle size and length. The quietest Marks would be a small baffle and the longest he makes.

Give him a call, he's a good guy to deal with and will talk you thru this.

I have a Mark's 4/1 which has a custom canister on it off another bike, I think. I bought it used and am not too-sure what was the donor. i'll try to post a pic of the 4/1 canister exhaust later. I know you have the 4/2, just contributing to the discussion of Mark's exhaust aftermarket mufflers.

OK, here it is.

Attachments

• unk.pipe.JPG
    unk.pipe.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
We use Marks primaries and our own mufflers. BUT, they are not quieter.

Mark has quite a few options for mufflers....both baffle size and length. The quietest Marks would be a small baffle and the longest he makes.

Give him a call, he's a good guy to deal with and will talk you thru this.

+1, also adding a turndown tip will help direct the sound away from rider/ passenger. Like Danny said, call Mark and he will get you hooked up.

I have a Mark's 4/1 which has a custom canister on it off another bike, I think. I bought it used and am not too-sure what was the donor. i'll try to post a pic of the 4/1 canister exhaust later. I know you have the 4/2, just contributing to the discussion of Mark's exhaust aftermarket mufflers.

OK, here it is.

Whatcha looking to get for that?

Take a look at my recent thread for homemade baffles. The results were very pleasing to my ears.

Back