Mark's Pipe recommendations?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the sound of Mark's Pipe products, and his rep seems to be pretty high from what I can gather.

Mark also sounds as if he's pretty flexible and will build you what you want.

So, if you were going to order a set of these for your Max, what would you get? Mild (coated) steel? The stainless seem like a good idea from a corrosion standpoint, but not sure about the discoloration.

Also, while I'd love them to be deep and get with it when you romp on it, I don't want it to drive me bat-sh*t just taking it easy. (Yeah, right. :) )

Love to get everyone's opinions here, but especially those that might have first-hand experience with Mark's products. Help me put together a wish list here...

I have SS, 14 inch cans, 2.25 inch outlets. I wouldn't change a thing. The exhaust I have are still pretty loud, can't imagine what 12 inchers sound like. I thought my 'Trapps were loud.

Did you ever hear the song by Kiss?I love it loud.I have 12" cans with 2" outlets and love it.

Mark ,you rode mine,was it to loud?I did feel it was louder than yours.My ears never ring after a long ride.

Everybody looks,even the hardley abledson guys when they hear it.

Shawn, yours wasn't loud at all. Maybe it's the size of my outlets.

maleko89 said:
Shawn, yours wasn't loud at all. Maybe it's the size of my outlets.

Outlet size makes a big difference in sound level. I make my Kerkers go from nice to glass breakers by switching the baffle with a different outlet size.

maleko89 said:
I have SS, 14 inch cans, 2.25 inch outlets. I wouldn't change a thing. The exhaust I have are still pretty loud, can't imagine what 12 inchers sound like. I thought my 'Trapps were loud.
Malek089, how would you say your config sounds compared to the bike in this video?

Thx.

Jayhawk said:
Malek089, how would you say your config sounds compared to the bike in this video?

Thx.

I've wondered before about that video....I've heard Marks 4-1-2 systems before (in person) that had 14" cans and it seems like they had a much deeper sound than that video seems to portray???

Nothing compares to hearing them in person.Thats why bike meets like thunder are so cool.100 vmax's in the same place.You'll see about anything that is available.

I'd say pretty close at high throttle. At idle and cruising, oh yeah baby! Especially with open vboost.

well i gave marks an email asking some questions so we'll see what i fnd out from him. i'll keep you posted.

Stud, I recommend calling him. He doesn't ever check his email. You'll enjoy talking to him, he's a nice guy and happily answers all questions.

Stud, I recommend calling him. He doesn't ever check his email. You'll enjoy talking to him, he's a nice guy and happily answers all questions.
maybe your right no reponse as of yet. i beleave a good bussiness man would return his emails if he has on eon his site. ufo guy didnt so kinda of shyed away from them. dale from holeshot returned my emails. well see.:hmmm:

maybe your right no reponse as of yet. i beleave a good bussiness man would return his emails if he has on eon his site. ufo guy didnt so kinda of shyed away from them. dale from holeshot returned my emails. well see.:hmmm:

Most of these guys are "1 man shops" and with all the bike events happening or coming up ( like Daytona or Thunder), most don't have the time to check their email everyday as they are preparing for the events. I admit that isn't the best business practice, but it is the reality for most of them. As others have mentioned, you are better off phoning them.

Most of these guys are "1 man shops" and with all the bike events happening or coming up ( like Daytona or Thunder), most don't have the time to check their email everyday as they are preparing for the events. I admit that isn't the best business practice, but it is the reality for most of them. As others have mentioned, you are better off phoning them.
well i can understand that and see it would be hard. however it makes wonder if this would be the case, how long it would take to get the exhaust.

well i can understand that and see it would be hard. however it makes wonder if this would be the case, how long it would take to get the exhaust.

I've never heard anything bad about Mark, HMF or Dale W and taking a long time to deliver a system. The other guys...:whistlin:

Is that true with Boxenstopp and rmsportmax as well?
I have been waiting a week to hear from them:bang head:

i had a hard time getting a response out of rmsportmax as well last year.

Back