Marks Pipes on a '06

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running Mark's 4-2 w/ 14" cans and 2 1/2" outlets(i think thats what they are). Originally i had the std stright out caps on the cans. It was a little loud w/ my son on the back at 70-75mph. I then picked up some turndowns for the same cans. Not a huge difference, but one that i definately noticed and it was confirmed by my son.

I still have the straight caps if anyone wants to compare their turndowns to.

I'm thinking of getting some carbon fiber mufflers for my Mark's. Do they really sound different from regular metal mufflers?

I'm thinking of getting some carbon fiber mufflers for my Mark's. Do they really sound different from regular metal mufflers?
I have been told that they have a deeper rumble but I have no experiance with a aluminum vs carbon fiber vs steel....maybe we have one amongst us that could perhaps enlighten us!:ummm:
I would kindly take any proffered opinion to scutinize the alledged preceived differences.:eusa_snooty:

I talked to Mark McDade this morning and he said they no longer do carbon fiber. They were having too many problems with the carbon fiber falling apart. Plus, you need special clamps to mount them since you can't use the usual welded-on mounting tab for the muffler.

That's not surprising to hear. I know a lot of guys with SV's that say the big Vtwin pulses eat the CF pretty quick. The I4 guys seem to get more miles out of them though.

You could just have them coated black if that's the look you're going for.

Chris

That's not surprising to hear. I know a lot of guys with SV's that say the big Vtwin pulses eat the CF pretty quick. The I4 guys seem to get more miles out of them though.

You could just have them coated black if that's the look you're going for.

Chris

Also, I think that some of the problem is heat cycling. The carbon fibre can on my bike is literally flaking apart slowly. I plan on switching to a Marks's stainless system.

Latest posts

Back