Marks Pipes on a '06

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
It took me forever to decide on what exhaust I wanted to buy for my bike. I was sold on the Dale Walker system based on looks but from what I heard of the pipes in sound clips it just was not what I wanted. I decided to call Marks Pipes and see what we could do. Mark answered my first phone call. We talked about my options. He gave me his opinion and advice to help me make my decision. Very nice to deal with. I talked with him after the initial call and it took a day to get a hold of him but he did call back. All in all, a good experiance buying from him. For it all to fit I had tweak the tabs on the mufflers a bit. I ended up taking my centerstand off too. I didn't have to but I would have had to make some adjustment to get it to fit and figured I can just slip it on for service when necessary anyways since I didn't need to remove the tabs. The pipes went together well, fit tightly and I didn't need new exhaust gaskets. I did put new ones in the front but once I saw what they looked like I did not even bother digging the ones out of the rear.

So, here it is: Marks Pipes 4 into 2, 12" cans, 2.5" outlet, no turndown tips, tapered end caps.

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

My Morley Muscle Jet Kit just came in yesterday too. Haven't gotten around to it yet but hoping to get to it soon. Thinking I want to ride it without for a day (once the rain goes away) and then do the kit so I can see what kind of difference it makes.

That's a good looking exhaust you have there Mike, I like your taste in exhausts! I had a very similar experience dealing with Mark, 2 calls and then he called me back, discussed the options, and made the deal. The exhaust arrived as promised and installs with very little trouble and sounds better than any of the video clips I looked at during my research.
Here are some pics of my Mark's on Redbone:

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Marks not installed 3.jpg
    Marks not installed 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Marks not installed 1.jpg
    Marks not installed 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Marks not installed 5.jpg
    Marks not installed 5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 107
Nice exhaust ya have there Mike! I have the exact same thing on my '02 and man those 2 1/2" outlets sure growl dont they? :biglaugh:

Great looking exhaust. Forgive me for my stupidity, but who is Mark, and what is his contact info? How much is this system?

Great looking exhaust. Forgive me for my stupidity, but who is Mark, and what is his contact info? How much is this system?
http://markspipe.com/index.htm
Prices start around $850+ shipping. I paid a 'lil extra to have my cans polished.

Just got back from my first ride and it sounds GREAT. And it is LOUD. Really LOUD. But, it sounds good. Here's a little video I shot when I pulled in the driveway. Had the camera staged in the garage for when I got back. The video does not do the pipes justice. They are much louder in person. The sound is AWESOME! I feel like I'm at the drag strip when I'm cruizin down the road. Can you tell I'm excited LOL! I love the new pipes.
Sorry for the crappy video but this is all I have to record with, its mainly for stills but will do some video too. Enjoy.

On a side note, anyone know how to edit the damn name of this video? I thought I titled it Vmax Exhaust Marks Pipes but the title is just the file name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHM-nLE2C0

Sounds good, looks good.

On a side note, anyone know how to edit the damn name of this video? I thought I titled it Vmax Exhaust Marks Pipes but the title is just the file name.

At Youtube under username (top) you'll see "my videos" tick the one you uploaded and then click the 'edit' option, change it from there.

Looks and sounds great Mike...
I see you haven't fixed your wall yet, to busy with the max huh?
At Least you got your priority's straight :punk:

Looks great!!!, I love the sound clip. Your right about the walker's Sound clip its sucks, Its awesome in person:biglaugh:.
Finish looks perfect!! Nice bro..

OK guys I just ordered this system for my bike. It's about 900 to my door.

I went with the 14" can because my fiance rides with me and since they are 2.5" baffles quieter is better.

I think they will work well.

The man answered the phone on the second ring. WTH? I wish he'd have done this 3 years ago.... lol

Anyway... Just like the above but 14" can for a more mellow sound.

Chris

Good deal Chris! That's what mine ran with SS headers, 12" Aluminum cans w/ 2.25 openings.
I'll probably have Mark reskin them with Carbon Fiber though, I completely forgot about doing this when I placed my order! :doh:

Last edited:
From what I've seen C.F. gets old and yellow with time and heat... I'll stick to the aluminum.

I hope the 2.5" aren't too loud...

I guess I can always step back and punt later.

What's weird is that I was contemplating replacing the exhaust but couldn't justify it... Well... Not a problem anymore... lol

Chris, it'll be loud. I have 2 1/4 inch outlets with down turn tips and was surprised at how loud it is.

Chris I have 12" with 2 1/2 outlets and it growls...alot! My guess is even with the extra 2" it will still be almost as loud as the 12's.

When I talked to Mark about the different cans he said that there wasn't much difference if the 12" cans were turned down or not. Mine are loud with 12" cans w/ 2.25" openings and no turn down.
My brothersFZ1's 4 into 1 Holeshot cannot be heard over my Marks by people that have heard us coming towards or going away from them.:punk: I'll never be able to run from cops now, all they have to do is roll down their window and know where I'm at.:damn angry:

I would think the turn-downs wouldn't make the exhaust much quieter. However, I would have to think that since the exhaust isn't pointing at your head anymore, it should be a better noise level for the rider. Anyone have any experience back-to-back with and without turn-downs?

Yeah, doesn't help the rider much if at all. Biggest factor IMO is how big the baffle and outlet is. My 2 1/4 inch outlet makes my bike just as loud as when I had Supertrapps and open end caps.

I would think the turn-downs wouldn't make the exhaust much quieter. However, I would have to think that since the exhaust isn't pointing at your head anymore, it should be a better noise level for the rider. Anyone have any experience back-to-back with and without turn-downs?

I'll have to disagree with Mark on this one. I went from Holeshot flat backs to his turn downs and immediately noticed less noise/drone in my helmet. It tends to shoot it down rather than up where the helmet catches it. At least that's what my take on it was.

I now have the ones like posted above... I hope Susan is OK with them...:eusa_dance:

I don't think the 14" will make a heck of a difference but I did have him make them 2.25" instead of 2.5. For a 4-2 that's more than big enough with stock motor.

Chris

Back