Mexican paradise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go to Mexico all the time. I love the people and culture. Have spent as much as 8 days living in the home of family friends. Have seen most of the sights, etc. I am so sad about what the drug cartels have done to that beautiful country. I haven't been back since around 1999 and have no intention of going back unless the government takes the country back from the druggies. MAD :real mad: and SAD :Sad:

I think it depends on where you go in Mexico. Foreigners hear about all the crime and murders in Detroit, Flint, and Chicago and say, “there’s no way I’m going to visit that #$%@ country”, but we all know that there are good and bad places right here in our own country. Personally, my wife and I have visited Mexico three to four times a year for the past five years, we have been almost everywhere in the Yucatan Peninsula and have absolutely no issues.

02/08/2012 VIOLENCE BAJA CALIFORNIA MORE ATTACKS ON POLICE - RESUMPTION OF THE SEARCH AT EL POZALERO'S FOR MISSING PEOPLE - AND MORE EXECUTIONS

Since last Monday until this afternoon there have been six shoot outs with Tijuana, Rosarito Beach Police and PEPO agents, leaving the one PEPO officer killed and several police officers wounded. The fear is that these were organized or planned attacks much like what happened back in 2007-2010 from a criminal cell group associated with drug trafficking, luring officers in to a situation then opening fire on them. Overall that does not seem to be the case, however armed robbers and car thieves either caught in the act or on the run being pursued by the authorities are not tossing their weapons out of the window - they are choosing to engage in gun battles with agents.

DAVE! GUNS ARE ILLEGAL THERE!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN????

Guns are legal in the U.S., how can crime happen there?

Guns are legal in the U.S., how can crime happen there?
Dave,
Admit it, your mind cannot comprehend the fact that gun control in your beloved utopia has been a tragic failure. It doesn't work. It will never work.

More succinctly, gun ownership and concealed carry here in the US has resulted in thousands and thousands of criminals being stopped in the midst of commiting a violent crime by legal gun owners.

I know your mind can't figure that out, but perhaps your limited understanding of freedom can understand anyone in your Mexican paradise that used a 9mm pistol to stop a criminal from killing their child WOULD BE IMPRISONED.

GOT IT??? :ummm:

I think it depends on where you go in Mexico. Foreigners hear about all the crime and murders in Detroit, Flint, and Chicago and say, ?there?s no way I?m going to visit that #$%@ country?, but we all know that there are good and bad places right here in our own country. Personally, my wife and I have visited Mexico three to four times a year for the past five years, we have been almost everywhere in the Yucatan Peninsula and have absolutely no issues.
I am glad that is the case for both you and your wife.
The point is you are helpless, and rendered totally impotent because the government there has mandated you allow yourself to be brutalized without any real level of protection. You cannot use a firearm to stop one, or more, men that are physically more powerful than you from raping and killing your wife in front of you.
You have been subjugated to the state. They have declared you, and all others not in the ruling political class, to take whatever violent criminal act that could be leveled against you and they have told you in effect to shut up and like it.

The other point is that the gun control there has had ZERO effect in reducing crime. In fact it has exploded.

I think it depends on where you go in Mexico. Foreigners hear about all the crime and murders in Detroit, Flint, and Chicago and say, “there’s no way I’m going to visit that #$%@ country”, but we all know that there are good and bad places right here in our own country. Personally, my wife and I have visited Mexico three to four times a year for the past five years, we have been almost everywhere in the Yucatan Peninsula and have absolutely no issues.
When was the last time you heard of US soldiers, or police, kidnapping, killing and beheading victims in the US???
http://www.mexicoreporter.com/2011/...d-disappearances-by-mexico’s-security-forces/

I am glad that is the case for both you and your wife.
The point is you are helpless, and rendered totally impotent because the government there has mandated you allow yourself to be brutalized without any real level of protection. You cannot use a firearm to stop one, or more, men that are physically more powerful than you from raping and killing your wife in front of you.
You have been subjugated to the state. They have declared you, and all others not in the ruling political class, to take whatever violent criminal act that could be leveled against you and they have told you in effect to shut up and like it.

The other point is that the gun control there has had ZERO effect in reducing crime. In fact it has exploded.

Helpless innocent children and citizens die every day in the U.S. and every other country for that matter. Here in the U.S. I still go to the movies, I still go to the mall, my children still go to public school, and every day I go to work to a government building. Even though I exercise my 2nd amendment right where it is legal, I refuse to live my life in fear of “bad people” they are everywhere.

I would love to hear where you got your stats “More succinctly, gun ownership and concealed carry here in the US has resulted in thousands and thousands of criminals being stopped in the midst of commiting a violent crime by legal gun owners.” Most legal gun carriers don’t have the mental or physical capacity to react in a safe clear and decisive manner in the face of real danger.

And yes you are absolutely correct, our U.S. rights don’t mean jack shit outside of our own country, we all kindly check them at the door when we leave. This includes Canada where many Americans travel to daily where I live.

Helpless innocent children and citizens die every day in the U.S. and every other country for that matter. Here in the U.S. I still go to the movies, I still go to the mall, my children still go to public school, and every day I go to work to a government building. Even though I exercise my 2nd amendment right where it is legal, I refuse to live my life in fear of ?bad people? they are everywhere.

I would love to hear where you got your stats ?More succinctly, gun ownership and concealed carry here in the US has resulted in thousands and thousands of criminals being stopped in the midst of commiting a violent crime by legal gun owners.? Most legal gun carriers don?t have the mental or physical capacity to react in a safe clear and decisive manner in the face of real danger.

And yes you are absolutely correct, our U.S. rights don?t mean jack shit outside of our own country, we all kindly check them at the door when we leave. This includes Canada where many Americans travel to daily where I live.
I hardly think anyone would honestly claim the rate of violent crime and narco terrorism in Canada can even remotely be compared to Mexico! LOL.....

I would also point out that the Mexicans have checked their right to self defense at the door of their government, whether they wanted to or not.

As far as my stats on self defense with a gun I again suggest reading the Lott study. If you really want an in depth study, fully explaining and debunking this notion that people are too innept to defend themselves, that publication is inargueable and without peer.

I hardly think anyone would honestly claim the rate of violent crime and narco terrorism in Canada can even remotely be compared to Mexico! LOL.....

I would also point out that the Mexicans have checked their right to self defense at the door of their government, whether they wanted to or not.

As far as my stats on self defense with a gun I again suggest reading the Lott study. If you really want an in depth study, fully explaining and debunking this notion that people are too innept to defend themselves, that publication is inargueable and without peer.

As I was typing a response I came to realize, you are correct, boy is my wife going to be disappointed.:bang head:

Most legal gun carriers don’t have the mental or physical capacity to react in a safe clear and decisive manner in the face of real danger.
Sorry, But I'm going to call BS on this mate. Myself and most gun owners I know...Hunting buddies...ridding buddies...fishing buddies, and simply ex-military buddies would do well enough to defend themselves or others if the situation were to arise.

fact is if you look at states and local areas where concealed carry is promoted you would find that violent crime and personal attacks have actually diminished.
Ever wonder why the highest violent crime rate areas are also the same places where it is either illegal or very very difficult for a normal citizen to carry...Chicago...NYC...D.C....Detroit...etc

Sorry, But I'm going to call BS on this mate. Myself and most gun owners I know...Hunting buddies...ridding buddies...fishing buddies, and simply ex-military buddies would do well enough to defend themselves or others if the situation were to arise.

fact is if you look at states and local areas where concealed carry is promoted you would find that violent crime and personal attacks have actually diminished.
Ever wonder why the highest violent crime rate areas are also the same places where it is either illegal or very very difficult for a normal citizen to carry...Chicago...NYC...D.C....Detroit...etc

I was not referring to trained practiced marksman, I live in a very rural community and guns are a part of our life and recreation also. But I often attend a shooting and concealed pistol class that one of my buddies holds regularly (I go for fun) but he gets city people come up all the time to get their concealed pistol license and 90 percent of those retards never shoot, and would probable injure themselves or innocent bystanders if they ever did need it.

We had a gunman take hostages at my work a few years ago, did I wish I was carrying at the time.. Absolutely, but I was damn glad several of my coworkers were not flailing bullets all over the building too.

I do believe in arming able bodied citizens… with mandatory training.

Child hitman, 13, found murdered in Mexico

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Mexico-authorities-returned-MUM-young.html

He had confessed to taking part in at least 10 assassinations and killing three people himself for the violent drugs cartel Los Zetas when he was arrested earlier this month.
But authorities in the central state of Zacatecas were forced to release him because of his age, and his body was found this morning next to a main road.

Mexican Musicians Targeted in Killing

Police pulled 12 bodies from a well in northern Mexico, believed to be those of a group of musicians abducted last week by presumed members of a drug gang.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323829504578270193554760764.html

Don't worry though, doesn't say a gun was used, and although some believe you are only at risk if involved in drugs word on the bario streets is that these guys were murdered because their music really sucked....If your not a musician, no problem.

Back