Michigan color tour.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
Trying to get a color tour ride in if the weather permits. Looking at Saturday Oct 2nd or Sunday Oct 3rd. Not really concerned about the cold it?s the rain we need to avoid. We can keep an eye on the weather as that weekend approaches and decide what day works best. So try to keep that weekend free if possible and let?s ride! :punk: If we get some interest in this ride we will plan as a group, if you have ideas post them up.

Have a tour scheduled with another group on the 3rd, the 2nd would be cool as I could double my Max time that weekend! Weather permitting of course, what route are you thinking? Maybe see if some of our friends from Ohio-Illinois-Indiana want to meet somewhere in the middle for lunch-dinner? That might be a little much but I tossed it in anyways, another option would be to take Northland Dr / Old us131 north from GR.............I'm sure a lakeshore route would be very nice too!.................Tom.

Hey Chuck,
an October colour tour ride in Michigan would be fantastic , unfortunatly I have family coming in that weekend and won't be able to join you on this ride. Was just up to Traverse City on Monday and the leaves are already coming into colour around the US 127 / north of Claire ride up. Hope the weather cooperates and you get your ride in ! Enjoy.

Alright Chuck, good lookin out. I am down with some riding. We are doing some inventory and I have been assigned to "reorganize " a plant that has fallen to sub-standard levels. I will pencil you in and keep an eye on this post to see how it builds.
Check-Ya,
Steve

We have a Hotel Management system we are going to start to install on the 6th so I should be free unless on-call or some other pre-install issue pops up at the last moment.
I agree, cold is not much of a problem but wet might be. I will follow along on this thread to see what happens.

Sounds good, I want to do at least one more long ride this season. Even if I have to take some time off during the week I'm going to roll. All bikes are welcome so invite your friends.... To bad you can't ride this one Jeff I enjoy your company, have fun with the family.:peace out bike:

The Maxes are going to love the cool air! I hope we can pull in some more riders for this event....................................Tom.

I might be in for a Saturday ride depending on the weather and schedule. Does someone have a planned route they can share? Time, location for initial get together?

Thanks,

Scott

I might be in for a Saturday ride depending on the weather and schedule. Does someone have a planned route they can share? Time, location for initial get together?

Thanks,

Scott

Welcome Scott! I don't really have a route picked out as of yet, just flying by the seat of my Vmax at this point. If you have any ideas post them up! I just want to ride, we will figure something out.

Welcome Scott! I don't really have a route picked out as of yet, just flying by the seat of my Vmax at this point. If you have any ideas post them up! I just want to ride, we will figure something out.

Thanks for the welcome.

No plans/ideas on my end... I've lived in MI all my life and have NEVER taken a "color tour." Not sure why, just never have. I have really slacked off on Vmax time the last few years because I have spent most of my weekends involved with the '70 Lemans that I bought as a B-day gift to myself three years ago. Yes, I am THAT special... unfortunately no one else thought so and I had to buy the damn thing for myself. :biglaugh:

Scott

1285182784fallkey.gif

Let's plan on this Saturday for a ride, I say we should meet early like we did on the Traverse City ride 9am? We don't have to meet in Muskegon, let's see who is riding, and from where and pick a place in the middle. We can just head up north one way and come back another. It will prolly take up most of the day so try to keep it open if you can. As a group we can open the map over some coffee and pick some of our favorite roads and go, what do you think? And again, all bikes are welcome...

Throughout the western Lower Peninsula, prime viewing is still approximately two to three weeks weeks away. Color development in the region ranges between 5 and 10 percent.
Petoskey to the Soo: Maples are the predominant changers-yellow-orange-red.

Traverse City: Early color oranges are starting. Purples and reds are very few and far in between. Further inland, colors are just starting to pop.

Manistee: Less than 10% color; it has been windy so leaves are falling although they haven't turned yet.

Ludington: Colors are about 30% with lots of deep oranges. It has been windy so many leaves are being blown off the trees.

Newaygo County: Maples are starting to show some color, but the oaks are still green.

Chuck i dont no if i have enough tire left:ummm: I smoked the shit out of it sat. night:clapping::punk:not much left dont want to have a blow out:rofl_200: sence i cant control:confused2: them 2nd gear smokers.:clapping:Let me no where you think you all might be going.:clapping:It would be fun:eusa_dance:

I can't believe that tire is still on there....................It was thin on the Travers run...................:ummm:

Chuck i dont no if i have enough tire left:ummm: I smoked the shit out of it sat. night:clapping::punk:not much left dont want to have a blow out:rofl_200: sence i cant control:confused2: them 2nd gear smokers.:clapping:Let me no where you think you all might be going.:clapping:It would be fun:eusa_dance:

You have time to get a tire, check out Carl at CC cycle lol. As long as the cords don't show your golden:rofl_200: Friggen wildman! It will be a good ride, I'm excited.

Where ya thinking of meeting?.............Dress warm as the high looks to be in the 50s, my buddy will be joining us on my other bike, looking foreward to a good time!

tom i here you been doing some burn outs:eusa_dance:. Have you tried 2nd gear smokers:punk:If you havent make sure you have enough room.You seen the one i did in front of the cemitary:rofl_200: did anyone figure out where everyone is going yet.Im still debaiting what im going to do:ummm:

Back