Michigan color tour.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, lets meet at the corner of M46 and M37 at 9am on Saturday, there is a parking lot on the south west corner. Then we can head north on M37 and find a place to eat and have some coffee and warm up a little. Yes it will be on the cool side so dress warm, you can always take it off if needed. We can top off our tanks after breakfast and head north, take down my phone # and call us if you are running more then 10 minutes late so we can wait or tell you where we will be. Let me know who is going so we know how many to wait for.
Thanks, Chuck.
231-670-0802

No 2nd gear smokers for me yet, just getting comfortable with powering out of a stationary burnout, and doing a rolling burnout in 1st gear, my goal is to eventually master the 2nd gear smoker without wrecking my bike! looking foreward to riding with you.................Tom.

Damn... I'm out. Looks as if I will have to work Friday night (third shifter) and I just don't think I could/should stay awake that long after getting out at 7am Saturday morning. Thanks for the invite - have fun, be safe, stay warm and I hope to meet you guys some other time.

Scott

Looks like I'm out, barring a weather change. The weather forecast for me calling for possible rain showers w/ high of 46 and a low of 31!
If the rain drops out of the forecast I may still try to make it or maybe just meet up with ya'll on the northern portion of the trip. I have all the rain gear and warm gear for riding in that type of weather if I get caught in it, but I just don't want to plan to ride most day in cold and wet weather.
I might even be able to talk my brother into leaving Chippewa county too if it's just for the day and weather is good.
Now if I just had alot of money......

Attachments

• Newemar.jpg
    Newemar.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
We still on for tomorrow? not sure what to expect rain wise............I'll keep an eye on here.............Tom.

I'm still up for the ride as long as the weather man is right. Who else is going? I think Wildman is planning on riding, I will call him later.

WZZM 13 weather...
On Saturday, this system will quickly move east with most showers over by daybreak. Skies will be mostly cloudy the rest of the day. A few sprinkles or even lake-effect rain showers will be possible in the afternoon. Temperatures will be in the low to mid 50s. Winds will be north-northeast at 10-18 mph inland and north at 10-20 mph along the lakeshore.

Sorry I'm going to miss the ride, sounds like it's gonna be C-C-C-Cold. If anyone thinks of it (and doesn't object to it) - grab a camera and post up a few pics of everyone so we can get some faces with the names.

Scott

............... TIME CHANGE ............

Do to the weather the time has been bumped up 2 hours, we will meet at the same place at 11am if weather permits. I figure we will skip the breakfast stop and get a bite to eat later on the ride. It looks like we will have about 5 bikes, I'm not to cencerned with the cold as long as we can avoid the rain. So put on that extra layer and bring the heavy gloves. Check back in the am on this thread for any other changes.

Chuck
231-670-0802

Despite the temps being less the perfect we had 4 hardcore riders show up for this ride:punk:. VmaxChuck - 09, Beekeeper Tom - 97, 2Fear Chuck - 05, Joe - on Tom's v65. The temp stayed around 52 degrees and cloudy for most of the ride, other then a few sprinkles we did manage to avoid the rain but didn't ride as far as planned. It felt like the Vmax had air conditioning, if I can just figure out how to turn it on in the summer:ummm:. I posted a couple pictures of us taking breaks and enjoying some of my home made Venison jerky. I will post up another ride soon.

......Hardy dam............ Muskegon channel..........Muskegon lake.

Attachments

• vmax cold ride 10-10 002.jpg
    vmax cold ride 10-10 002.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 16
  • vmax cold ride 10-10 005.jpg
    vmax cold ride 10-10 005.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 17
  • vmax cold ride 10-10 006.jpg
    vmax cold ride 10-10 006.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
  • vmax cold ride 10-10 007.jpg
    vmax cold ride 10-10 007.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 17
Cool, thanks for the pics and the update... hope you guys didn't freeze your scoops off out there.

Maybe next time,

Scott

It was indeed a cool day for a ride, we spent some time in the Newaygo/Hardy dam area running the back roads and enjoying the view, we warmed up and had lunch in Freemont then headed over to Muskegon where 2Fear showed us the sites on his stomping grounds, had a great time and was good to meet VmaxChuck and to ride with him, Chucks jerky was a nice treat for the rest stops on the road! maybe we can get lucky with an indian summer weekend and pull everyone together for one last ride........................Tom.

Sorry I couldn't join ya this time guys. Hope Chuck was able to take you all on the ride up the Lake Michigan coast north of Muskegon, on the newly asphalt / twisty roads ! It was a fantastic ride this summer !! Tom... if we get that indian summer weekend ride, I'm in !!!

Hey Chuck, Tom & Joe, REALLY enjoyed riding with you guys!:eusa_dance:Had a great ride, maybe a little cool but some nice roads and great company... Thanks for putting it together Chuck and hope to ride with you again. NICE sounding Vmax ya got there!!:biglaugh:

Back