Mike's Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Mike....it's been awhile coming but you got 'er done! :clapping:

I swapped the internal gears in my speedo drive to get it calibrated to the new radials....think I used an FZ6 drive as a donor but not sure, the housings are identical but axle size is different.

Thanks for the tip Dan-O. I ditched the OEM speedo and mounted up a digital unit. I think I just need to re-program the tire circumference in the speedo to make it work right. At least, I'm hoping thats all it is.

I had mentioned something about it at Thunder after coming back from the ride. Rick (twistedmax) asked what my speedo had read on the ride. I told him it never went over 70 mph. He just looked at me and said its definitely off. :biglaugh:

Thanks for the tip Dan-O. I ditched the OEM speedo and mounted up a digital unit. I think I just need to re-program the tire circumference in the speedo to make it work right. At least, I'm hoping thats all it is.

I had mentioned something about it at Thunder after coming back from the ride. Rick (twistedmax) asked what my speedo had read on the ride. I told him it never went over 70 mph. He just looked at me and said its definitely off. :biglaugh:
:punk:

Mike it was off by at least 1520 miles an hour on the low side

Latest posts

Back