Mini Turn Signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wattage is written right on the bulb. Mine are small, about the size of a marble, and 8 watt normal 23 watt flash already. They don't seem incredibly bright so I'd say they are normal brightness.

I bought 4 mini all chrome turn signal lights on ebay for $40.00 Buy It Now. jagmotorcycle. Very good quality. Three wire, but on the rear you only use two wires. Strictly plug and play, easy to install. No flasher relay problems. About a 1 inch rubber bushing, and the bolts were just right. Been in operation about 3 months, no problems.

I did have to take a small flat blade screwdriver (I actually used an exacto first) and open up the male connector plugs just a little to get a tight fit.

Test them before you do the final install. On the front, where you want both running lights and turn signals, you will use all three wires. If you get a rapid turn signal, then you have the hot wires reversed. Just un-plug them, switch them around, and you will get a normal blink rate on the signal.

On the rear, try either of the two hot wires, and the correct one will give you a normal blink rate. Just tape off the end of the other hot wire.

Hope this helps,
Smackdown

"opinions will vary"

Last edited:
I have the same ones. I had the same issue with the terminals, no biggie though. I was very pleased with them.

Removing the turn signal indicator bulb in the instrument panel eliminates the 'bleeding' of current across the front turn signals, causing both front signals to flash. This is usually only an issue with LED lights though. I had to remove the bulb after I couldn't get the Kuryakn diode or any Radio Shack ones to work. I like the faster flash rate though...

Hey there mabchewy,

I do have one concern about the lights both of us bought. I pulled a bulb from one of the lights before I installed them to check which bulb it was. ( The lights have a metal inner liner. Good quality) It is a dual filament bulb with high/low pegs on the side. The bulb is very small relative to the base. It is amber colored. It doesn't have any numbers on it. I couldn't find a replacement bulb, even untinted, even though I went by several parts stores (picking up truck parts).

I emailed Jagsmotorcycle to get some spare bulbs or at least a useable part number, but I haven't heard back yet. He has been a good communicator in the past, so maybe he is trying to find these bulbs. I will cut him some slack for a while.

Smackdown

"opinions will vary"

Hey Smack, I can't find Jagsmotorcycle on the net anywhere... do you have their contact info (ie. email and or website)? Also, is it possible you could send or attach a pic of the signals you're talking about? It sounds like just the pair of lights I'm looking for... Thanks! :biglaugh:

Scott

Jagmotorcycle sells on ebay. His ebay store is jag motorcycle. Here is the ebay item number you should type in when you pull up the search on ebay; 320175083311. This is just for two lights ($19.99). If you email (there is a "contact the seller" link on the page) him he will tell you how to buy four with only one shipping charge. Actually, he will give you an ebay item number that allows you to "buy it now" in multiple quantities. I've bought about eight or nine things from him and the quality has been good, ships fast, and easy to deal with. Of course, that's just one man's experience. On second look, this item number does let you order in multiples.

Smackdown

Last edited:
Hey Smackdown! Thanks for the details! I just ordered 2 sets. They look perfect, exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

Nice picture of the mini lights

Attachments

• ltsarwchrchr.jpg
    ltsarwchrchr.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 35
well, after many frustrating hours trying to get the blinkers on and working properly,

THEY ARE FINALLY FINISHED!!!! Yeah!

I had to add resistors to get them to blink properly. Don't ask me why, I know others with the same blinkers work fine, mine just wouldn't

lots of soldering and liquid electrical tape and heat shrink.

AHHHHHH, I'm happy.....................

:clapping:

Hey swilson,

I think you will really like these lights.

You will want to run three wires up front for running lights and turn signals, but only turn signals on the rear. The stock lights are only turn signals on the rear. Hook these up that way (there are only 2 stock wires available anyway. So it's a simple plug-in.) Law doesn't allow amber running lights on the rear, but amber turn signals are OK.

You may already know this, but I'll give you some additional info anyway. To install the front lights, remove the whole front headlight assembly. 2 screws on the SIDE of the headlight bezel. DON'T remove your headlight adjustment screws by mistake. They are pretty much to the front of the bezel. Easy to mix up. The wiring harness you need to get at is behind the headlight assembly. Once you remove the screws, unplug the headlight, and set it aside. Unplug the stock turn signals.

The mount for the front turn signals simply has 2 loooong allen screws holding it in place. Even after you remove the screws, it will probably not be possible to completely remove the stock turn signals as an assembly, but you will be able to get a wrench on them and remove them individually.

Front install for the mini's is just the reverse.

For the back ones, pop you middle seat section like you're going to get gas. Remove your tool kit. Remove 2 side bolts and slide your rear seat section back and out. Loosen 3 fender bolts (on top, sort of close together) and slide your rear fender back a couple inches, and let it rest on you rear tire. (The rear fender has 2 extensions that hold it to the front half of the rear fender assembly.

Now you can get a wrench on the rear stock turn signals. It will be obvious how to finish the job.

Lastly, put your stock turn signals on ebay with everybody else's. Man are they big and ugly. I love the look of my Vmax with these mini turn signals. That's what SHOULD have come as original on this bad boy...!!!!!

P.S. I've been thinking of making reading lamps out of old stock turn signals. You know, mount them over the bed on the headboard maybe, or some kind of pole lamp. Kind of a modern art sort of thing. Most modern art actually is kinda ugly.....:)

Haven't looked into getting replacement bulbs yet. Good idea though. I will def post here if I find any replacements.

I don't follow you. Almost all american made cars use the red brake light bulbs as turn signals. What's the difference with using a 1157 red bulb, wiring the turn signal up as a running light and then using the brighter filament as a turn signal? Is that really illegal?

Correct me if I am wrong but 99% of all cars use Amber lights as blinkers.

Red is used as brake lights, and double as running lights when used at night when you turn on your headlights.

Blinking Red and blue are reserved for emergency vehicles, and law enforcement.

:hijacked:

My Honda Accord and Jeep Cherokee have red flashers in the rear.

Mark

Hey Smackdown! Thanks for the details! I just ordered 2 sets. They look perfect, exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

Nice picture of the mini lights

Well, I recieved the mini light parts from ebay today and I must admit.. I'm not amused. They're poor quality plastic not chrome as advertised. :damn angry:

I will NOT be installing these lights. Poor poor quality... Live and learn I guess.

ever think about trying something like this? i'll post some pics of the rears after this one as it wont let me upload all my pics on this one.

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 001 - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 002 - Copy (2).jpg
    002 - Copy (2).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 009 - Copy.jpg
    009 - Copy.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 14
Back