Mirrors, what do you think ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

With the bar end mirrors on stock bars of an 05, is it just a matter of removing the end caps and inserting the mirrors into the ends? This is the one off ebay I'm looking at purchasing:

http://tinyurl.com/yl9h28j

High quality 6061 Billet Aluminum light weight Bar End Mirrors (Left & Right Sides)
Mirror (glass) Spec: 3 inches diameter glass
Fits all standard 7/8 inch mirrors with internal clamping system, allows installation into the bar ends

or clamp directly to most bar ends.
Easy to Install. No additional parts are required
Material: Billet Aluminum
Quantity: 1 pair
Condition: 100% Brand New
Fitment:
All Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki ,Yamaha, Ducati ,Aprilia ,Vespa, Kymco, Piaagio ,AGUSTA ,KTM

,BMW, Motorcycles with 7/8 inches diameter bars or clamp around most standard bar ends.

Thanks for your help.........

Attachments

• ViewImage.jpg
    ViewImage.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 16
Thats what I kind of figured. I think it would be a wise thing to at least have them fold up when in the garage. The ones I showed dont fold up, but I know there are some chrome ones that do. Just dont want to spend a ton of cash since i just chromed and upgraded a bunch of things here now.

Thanks again,

Mike

i have thesame, but black ones, off of ebay. remember there will be a gap as well since the oem bar ends cover a bit of bare bar. its a pain on eithe rside b/c on the clutch u have to remove the grip and pop it down a 1/2" or so. on the throttle side u have about 1/2" of the throttle tube showing.

if you need a couple OEM grip donughts to cover that up i have a grip i hacked up for that reason. PM me with your dimensions.

Interesting. I didnt realize its not a clean look just installing them. Do I need to get new grips if I have to remove the clutch side? I have been contemplating the karyackn grips. Would changing to them still have the issue?

I believe that going with Kuryakyn you will have some work to do to make them fit. There is an end cap that goes on the grip that is bolted on and also on the grip itself, there is a hole already but it is not the full bore size of the handlebar.

Interesting. I didnt realize its not a clean look just installing them. Do I need to get new grips if I have to remove the clutch side? I have been contemplating the karyackn grips. Would changing to them still have the issue?

never seen those grips in person but from ksnicks answer it looks that way. i would send u the two pieces for free from an OEM grip if you wanted them. that'd be an easy fix! as long as i have enough material do make 2 more. heres a pic of mine. the throttle could be moved over a tiny bi tmore and u can see the seam since i cut up a left hand side one but i could mod it easy enough if i had time. the clutch one blends in very nice.

you can also remove the rod that goes into the bar and just have them clamp right onto the bar, which would remove that ugly visible bar (at least on the clutch side) but then u gotta figure out how to plug the end of the bar if you wanted to.

Attachments

• SSPX0426.jpg
    SSPX0426.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 35
Well for now since the bike is so new to me, last May I purchased this 05 with 1030 miles on it, I most likely will keep the stock grips. I just might get the cheap black ones that you can fold up when storing. I dont want to spend a fortune on them....

Thanks guys,

Mike

I bought some of those cheap bar end mirrors too.

I just moved the left side grip so it sits flush on the end of the bar.

On the throttle side I cut the throttle tube flush with the grip with my dremel.

Easy as pie and looks clean now.

Here are a couple pics of my masters that you can see my mirrors and grips in too.

Attachments

• DSC03949.JPG
    DSC03949.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03956.JPG
    DSC03956.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 34
ah very nice mike.

i'm glad i used the extra part of the throttle tube now that i have a vista cruise on mine. something to consider.

Where in Canada are you???

Find a member close in the U.S. and invite him to lunch when the mirrors arrive:eusa_dance:
I live in Red Deer Alberta.Lunch sounds like a smashing idea!!LOL!!

What are those adjustable levers and where did u get them from?

Those ones are off of an '05 FJR. I had a few master/lever combos but they are all sold now. I got them all second hand.

See this thread for more info
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2231&page=2

or do a tag search for "fjr" you'll find some more info. 03' FJR's are the only year they made a 14mm front brake master. The size changed in later years. The clutch masters are all 14mm

Garrett seems to be having some issues with his. There are some other people out there running the same setup as him and they haven't reported any problems so I'm hoping its just a bleeding issue he was having.

Those ones are off of an '05 FJR. I had a few master/lever combos but they are all sold now. I got them all second hand.

See this thread for more info
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2231&page=2

or do a tag search for "fjr" you'll find some more info. 03' FJR's are the only year they made a 14mm front brake master. The size changed in later years. The clutch masters are all 14mm

Garrett seems to be having some issues with his. There are some other people out there running the same setup as him and they haven't reported any problems so I'm hoping its just a bleeding issue he was having.

Yea I had to take care of some house stuff last night so hopefully this weekend i can get to the bike and re-bleed the front. i'm going to try bleeding both calipers at the same time.

i'm sure its just something stupid like that, hell of a deal from Mike though, can't thank you enough. my wallet hates u though.

Hey mabdcmb,

Those mirrors fit one up one down? Theres no way to have them in sync. Doesnt that look a bit out of proportion with it like that?

Hey mabdcmb,

Those mirrors fit one up one down? Theres no way to have them in sync. Doesnt that look a bit out of proportion with it like that?

haha u mount them however you want. very adjustable. i put my cruise on and found the outside of my palm was hitting th emount so just rotated them forward.

they're very easily run both up, both down, both whichever way or one whatever way you want.

Hey mabdcmb,

Good eyes! Yes, they are.

The mirrors were purchased recently and I haven't been out on the road since they've been installed. I mounted them like this so I can test them out and see which setup offers the best visibility vs. looks.

Back