MMA- Ouch Warning Graphic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two knees, on the same leg. Mid-shaft tibia/fibula compound fracture. That should end his competition days. I would guess a couple of mending plates and some SS screws will go-in.

It was the talk of the office at my PT appointment today.

Wow! His leg turned to rubber in that slomo. Hell of break, lots of rehab ahead for him along with an early retirement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had a taste of half of that back in 1990. Rolled my mojave 250 over backwards. I wasn't smart enough to bail. It was 15 degrees out. When I tried to get up, It had a floppy feeling. Good thing I had a buddy with me. The 4 wheeler was a kick start, and we were a mile back in the woods. Still have the rod and screws in.

I don't know, I didn't think it looked all that bad, not compared to some of the other "famous" leg breaks.........Like Theismann's back in the day, and the kid from Louisville last year duing the NCAA tournament. That was alot worse to me!!!!

This thread sent me down the rabbit hole of the Internet and I ended up in some various "MMA" forums.......

Wow!
I think the collective IQ on those forums must be around 80

I agree about the Thiesman break, that one was bad...

IQ of 80 is one standard deviation below the mean, where ~84% of the population is = or > your IQ and ~16% is = or < you. Two standard deviations above the means is knocking on MENSA territory, while two standard deviations below the means is ESE time (Exceptional Student Education) from the left side of the IQ bell curve, where the X axis is IQ and the Y axis is % of the population. An IQ of 100 is considered to be the median, half are below that, and half are above.

IQ testing got a big boost during WW 1 when the US government was trying to determine the capacity of large numbers of personnel to be quickly and easily quantified for ability to perform duties. A fellow named Benet was who developed a screening tool to accomplish this, and as additional research was done, that became known as the Stanford-Benet test, which is what most of us probably went through at some point in our lives, if you attended public schools in the USA. There are other instruments for determining this of-course.

Studies of IQ by sport have indicated that hockey players are among the 'least-gifted' when it comes-to 'smarts.'

If that Silva family member doesn't retire from active competition, and stick to training others, maybe hockey players just moved-up a notch.

I may resemble that remark, but don't necessarily visit MMA forums.:ummm:

Wonder what the avg IQ is here on this forum?:confused2:

Based on the but the general usage of English language and ability to have rational discussions on here as opposed to what you find on other forums I'd guess its on the smart end of the curve.

After all, we are Vmax guys so that counts for something!

Back