More bad news about a pet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife took Cyrus to the vet today. He got his staples out. They had to sedate him pretty heavily cause he was very anxious and would not sit still. The dog has some fight in him that is for sure. Took three people to hold him down for a shot.

He has been throwing up frequently for the last couple days and having some accidents in the house which has never happened before. Best guess is the change from his modified diet to regular food. The vet did not find any issues so that is a good sign! Been up with him all night letting him in and out. I think he's finally done for tonight so maybe I can go to bed, lol.

On another note, the kennel's insurance co has already sent a check for the surgery and agreed to pay for any additional costs incurred.

man pal good luck with this. When things like this happen to pets its so damn hard to deal with. take care and be well

Wow good for the kennel! At least you got the surgery paid for.

Our dog is on prednisone and tramadol and will be kept comfy until it gets too bad and then we'll be putting her down and cremating her. It's a cost of 40 bucks per week for the drugs, but it's worth it. The cremation is a single dog cremation which is kind of nice. I assumed they'd pile 20 dogs in it and give you some ashes.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

OH SNAP! WTF?

Our friends lost their dog to the flip which made me promptly go out and buy Beamer and Sasha a special bowl that is supposed to help prevent it.

It looks like a regular dog bowl but it has round cylinder shaped parts sticking out of the bottom of it. I makes the dog eat much slower. It would literally take Beamer (Golden Retriever) 20 seconds to eat his food. It now takes him 3-4 minutes with the same amount of food.

It's worth looking into.

Chris

+1 on this. For our English Mastiff, we learned early on to also make sure to cover his food in hot water before giving it to him. Reduces the amount of swell the food does AFTER he ingests it. (Absorbs the water beforehand, and it makes kind of a nice gravy for him, too.)

Good luck, and sorry for your troubles.

Back