Motion Pro, Sync Pro (SFD)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I picked up a Motion Pro a while back to use in place of my Ancient Mercury Manometer. All has been well until today. I noted that the fluid, over time was gradually traveling higher and higher in the tubes and that #4 was now at it's adjustment limit. Calibration was one of the big selling points for me. I know what needs to happen. I need to add fluid so there is a smaller air gap to the adjusters. There never was enough fluid installed to have that set correctly.

Motion Pro claims that this is a proprietary fluid and has to be used. Has anyone tried a different fluid, like motor oil or another antifreeze? I never liked the word proprietary and always attempt to get around it...

Thanx.....

I looked at those and it was the calibration and special fluid that made me buy the carbtune one in England. I can transport it with no issues of fluid leakage.

Sorry I can't help ya, but look at Amazon for the fluid. May be cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Might be a "trial and error" deal, Dave. I was thinking that hydraulic snow plow oil might do the trick. Its pretty thin, and won't evaporate. About $7 a quart, but worth a shot I guess!

I had the chance to use a Carb Tune that PATMAX brought with him to the last tech day... It worked very well.

For my problem, I was thinking Marvel Mystery Oil, Or a very thin Synthetic Oil. The fluid that came in it seems
much like the thickness of water with blue food coloring in it.... :rofl_200:Anyone else with thoughts, please throw
them in the pot here...

Thanx for the inputs so far.:biglaugh: hydraulic snow plow oil will get checked out but may be difficult to find in Florida..:confused2:

CaptainKyle: I have some too, No way to calibrate that one though and it doesn't read the same when all hooked together on 1 vacuum port.. That won't work in the Motion Pro.

2 stroke premix oil: I think I have some of that for the weed wacker...:ummm:

Any fluid should work, just need the right viscosity and something that won't harm the engine if sucked in.

I have it where the Marvel Mystery Oil is installed. There's a calibration procedure to get all of the tubes equal. That is a RPITA. The air gap for adjustments/calibration needs to be very close to exactly the same. I have 2 tubes to that point but haven't yet been able to get the other 2. Someday when I have the time, I'll try again. Sure was easier to run up to CaptainKyle's and put his gauges on....Gauges and Carb Tune are the ultimate for any one looking for sync tools...

Latest posts

Back