Motivation to wear your gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I should shine the old helmet up.... for the past 2 years i've been wearing leather,gloves,jeans and boots. NO HELMET. I won't ever ride my bike again without it. Thanks for the reality pics. Guess I needed to see that. :bang head:
I`m the opposite way,
I always wear a helmet(full face) but in the So. Cal heat I just wear blue jeans and tennis shoes.
Guilty as charged.:bang head::bang head::bang head: and those pics are just great for my mid dinner viewing LOL.
<<Dave>>

Helmets are mandatory in NY so I always wear one, Icon. I almost always wear my armored jacket always gloves and Nike RGX boots, I was told they are thug boots!?!?!?! I need to get some pants, I usually wear jeans or on my way to work scrub pants, which is stupid.

I'm happy you came to your sense :clapping:None of those photo's look like much fun eh? :rofl_200:
Not at all. I'll tell ya, nothin' like an open kerker in yer ear.... but now I want to keep my ear where it is :biglaugh:

I'm guilty of the "it's only a short trip" excuse, though even then the absolute minimum I wear is a full face helmet and armored jacket. On any sort of ride, I suit up. Field Armor boots, knee/shin pads, vest, and shorts. Joe Rocket Phoenix4 jacket. Icon sheepskin gloves, and Icon Alliance SSR full face helmet.

People rag on me all the time about how much gear I wear and how "I'm gonna roast" as soon as we stop. Even with all that gear on, I'm really not all that hot. Sitting in traffic on a hot day with the rad fan blowing, I get a little warm, but honestly it's very bearable, and as soon as I start moving I'm totally fine again. Most of the people I ride with own jackets, but the air temperature determines whether they wear it or not. So they ride with a beanie-type "helmet", t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

I really like Icon's "field armor" line.....good prices, and in my experience it's quality stuff. I've been wearing the boots and kevlar leg armor for 2 seasons now and no issues at all. It only has to work once to be worth it's weight in gold.

My brother Bill had all the right gear which would have saved him in most situations except the dumb @*)#$^ that turned right in front of him forcing a T-Bone... he didn't crack his helmet but the impact was sufficient to kill him. Damn guys give yourself every opportunity, wear your gear... jackets as low as $60, boots $50, and gloves $30 for under $150 and you got a fighting chance of walking away from most accidents!!

Back