Mpg

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharm

Reaction score
Just wondering what sort of MPG you guys are getting from the VMX17?

I have heard some people claiming in the low 30's if being "nice" to the bike.

never understood why people get a performance vehicle and than ask about milage.

Its of interest to me! As here in Sinai (Egypt) we only have fuel stations every 100-120 kms - then there is no guarantee that they got any fuel . So you have to plan your fuel stops?

I get about 33-36mpg mostly highway @ 85mph+ with a Venture pumpkin (-500 rpm on all gears). All stock other than K&N air filter, and I'm heavy with big windshield and hard saddlebags.

Damn, I would have expected better highway mileage when "just cruising" with a fuel injected bike. Some cars now a days cruise down the highway as lean as 16:1

Rusty

It will be easy to run out of gas on the Vmax. There are road trips I have ridden several times on another bike that I am scared to go on for the same reason.

Its of interest to me! As here in Sinai (Egypt) we only have fuel stations every 100-120 kms - then there is no guarantee that they got any fuel . So you have to plan your fuel stops?

W/ over 400 miles, have been getting around 25mpg. This is about 70/30, hiway/city, and 80 mph avg on the hiway. My '89 does only about 3 mpg better driving about the same (Stage 7). This all includes sneaking into the triple digits for a short on most runs.:smile:

I've done 30 mpg during break in when seldom holding a steady speed. This leads me to believe that 35 mpg will be possible on the highway running 65 -70 mph. I'm thinking when break in period is over it will get very similar miliage as the 1st gen. Vmax.

OK, this thread got me curious and my result after 3 tanks was 32 mpg. I now reset the odometer at every gas-stop and I count on refilling after 100 miles, leaving a 30 mile safety margin. MPG varied from 30 to 33, with conservative riding.

So of all of these values confirm my original concern of Yamaha being a lil' stupid not to increase the fuel tank capacity on the '09 - I know it's a heavy bike already, but after 23 years of people fitting auxiliary tanks to their Max's you'd have thought they would've listened or at least taken notice and given the bike a better range...

So of all of these values confirm my original concern of Yamaha being a lil' stupid not to increase the fuel tank capacity on the '09 - I know it's a heavy bike already, but after 23 years of people fitting auxiliary tanks to their Max's you'd have thought they would've listened or at least taken notice and given the bike a better range...

Especially the way it handles you would ride it all day .So thats alot of stops to fuel up :bang head:

Well I've had mine since last Tuesday and have only been able to put around 60 miles on it and my average is looking like 15-16 mpg and that's not hammering on it. I'm trying to take it easy during the break in period. Fuel economy will improve once the bike is broken in.

OK, this thread got me curious and my result after 3 tanks was 32 mpg. I now reset the odometer at every gas-stop and I count on refilling after 100 miles, leaving a 30 mile safety margin. MPG varied from 30 to 33, with conservative riding.

How many miles do you have on your Max now? Your fuel economy must have improved since day 1 correct?

Back