My 97 ford F150

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDWeyand

Reaction score
My 97 ford f150 was wrecked Friday March 2, 2012. My wife and daughter where returning from a bowling outing with my in-laws. My wife was turning left on a green light and did not see the on coming mustang. She had to cross two lanes to enter the highway ramp and was almost all the way on the ramp when the wreck happened. There where no other cars coming, so the mustang driver could have changed lanes or slowed down and totally had a near miss. My daughter right arm was crushed near the wrist. She was taken to hospital via EMS. Now being that she is 18 they would not listen to her mother on where to take her. Well anyway they take her to the nearest hospital which I do not like. It took 4 hours for any pain meds. And she only got them after I asked the nurse to get the dr. to do something. They placed her in a splint and told to follow up with dr. today. Well she will be have surgery about 2pm Tuesday. We have been told she will get a few pins and a plate to support the bones. Please say a prayer for her. First Photo is what I had before the wreck, all the damage in on the right side, but the truck was not hurt before this wreck. It is very fixable but the insurance will try to total it. Thank god not one was killed or hurt any more than they where.
SDC10004.jpg

97fordf150.jpg

97 ford.jpg

Prayers for your daughter's recovery and that it was not worse for all.

Prayers for your daughter's recovery and that it was not worse for all.
Well it was not bad of wreck and the truck is replaceable or fixable. I was not really worried about the truck, not happy about it either, but thankful that no one was really hurt, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. If the hit had been behind the front wheel instead of behind the cab, my daughter would have been hurt very bad. The mustang was going about 45 mph. I am surely happy the car missed the cab of the truck.

From a few accidents I've been involved in, I know how "one track" EMS techs can be. Which I suppose is their job, but half the time I swear they're robots following lines of programmed script....they won't listen to anyone. Had to nearly punch one out to get him to leave me alone after a 10mph rear-end collision when my brakes failed. I'd been more jarred by hitting potholes and they were trying to take me to the hospital for "checks". As in my checks leaving my pocket, I guess. You can tell them "i'm fine" over and over but they still act like your jugular is gushing blood all over the place.

Best wishes in all counts.

Sorry to hear about the accident, like you said Paul, it could have been worse. Prayers for your daughters quick recovery. I hope the insurance works out a great deal for you.

Well my wife is leaving with my daughter for her surgery. I will post up in a few hours. Surgery is to start around 230 - 3pm. I would go but we have two other children to get home about the same time so.
And the ems are trained to take everyone to the hospital, I guess to keep from getting sued. What I was upset over was they where not listening to my wife in where to take my daughter. Guess what I listen to who is paying me, and when we (mother) are footing the bill, it should have been our call.
What I did not understand is why the fire dept. which also comes out with ems decided that it was necessary to cut my effing battery cables from the battery, no fluids where leaking from my truck, and the mustang lost his coolant, tranny oil from radiator green and red wtf not flammable but they did cut the mustang's battery cables. No smell of fuel from either vehicle. I guess the effer's follow their training, but why not cut near the battery and not in the middle of the wire, so I will be rewiring my truck if I get to buy it back or keep it.

When our garage caught on fire(connected to house by a long open breezeway), the first thing the firemen did when they arrived (in a timely 45min), was take a big poker thing and punch out every single window on the ground floor of the house. In our case that was 22 panes of glass. Then they went back to the truck, started unreeling hoses, and finally seemed to notice the garage was on fire. They wasted a good 5 minutes breaking windows before a single drop was put on the fire, and the 18 year old doing it obviously was having a blast breaking our windows.

The house was never even blackened from the fire, it never even got close (no thanks to them). Had to fight the insurance company to get them to cover replacing 22 windows that had been ruined by the FD, they kept arguing it made no sense why the house windows had been broken for a garage fire, they thought we were BSing them trying to get a load of new windows for free. In the meantime we had a 45* house for around a week since it was late fall.

The FD actually mailed us a thing asking for a donation, it was a surprisingly arrogant (though obviously generic) card that essentially said "we saved your life so send us money". The garage had nearly burnt itself out by the time their asses got there(we are about 2 miles from the station house), they ruined every window, and soaked the left side of the house for no apparent reason. Since the windows had been smashed out, everything in two rooms was drenched as well causing extensive water damage. We put a copy of the bills for window replacement and water cleanup in the envelope and mailed it back to them.

that is crazy to break the windows out, I was on a vol. fire dept. that was never a part of our s.o.p. If the house had fire burning in it and we seen fire in the room, we used the water from the hose to break the window and sprayed into that room. I would bill them for their retarded moves.

Sorry to hear about this Bro. I'm glad it wasn't more tragic than it is. Prayers and best wishes your way. May the healing be at God speed. 4 hrs is a long time to wait in pain. I know their busy, but that's excessive. I also know how it hurts when it's your own in pain.
Steve-o

Kassie, my daughter is home from surgery. The dr. place a bunch pins in around both bones near her wrist. The pins are to stop movement, there was no room for a plate after all the pins. She is 18, young, and will heal. The Dr. used a pain blocker under her arm and the will wear off in about 12 -16 hours, 3 am to 9am. So all is good, I thank every one that had her in their thoughts.

So sorry to hear about this Paul.I will say a prayer for there speedy recovery. Mike

Thanks VMike - she has gone to bed and is resting. The test will be in the morning when the pain block wears off. She is young so she should heal fast, I am glad it was nothing more that what it was, that could have gone another way and she could have been really hurt. I am glad we have good Dr.s here that can work wonders with hand and arms injuries. She should have a full recovery in 6 to 8 weeks.

The Patient is high on lortab's for pain control, when the pills wear off she has pain. But with the pins placed in her yesterday, it is to be expected. She is is doing as well as she can for the surgery and the place that it was done.

Well I got my truck back, we put the axle back in place, pulled bed side out the way. The rim was bent on the inside, hub seems ok. I have a donor truck I going to take the bed off of and drop on mine, and my rear end is leaking at the tube going in the pumpkin, seems the weld broke, so we are going to take the rear end out donor truck also. we are going take leave springs and all. I have to buy a cab corner and paint but other than that, it is going to be all good. I was lucky to have a donor truck.
My daughter's arm is healing and she went back to school this week, she has a helper do her writing for her in classes. But over all she is doing well, in some pain time to time.

Thanks for the update Paul! Glad the healing coming along with no complications. :clapping:The donor truck sounds like it's doing it's job well too!:punk:

Back