My new clutch cover insert.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well I wanted to show this off at the track tomorrow. But doesn't look like its going to happen.

This is the rough prototype, have a few changes to make. But it bolts on and goes now, just cosmetically and in the program I have to alter a few things to make it easier and faster to machine.

Step one.... a block of 6061 aluminum.....
20121011_135445_zps4db23251.jpg

Step two.... machining the back side...

20121011_1718591_zps866d99bb.jpg

Step three......Machining the front side.....
20121012_163803_zps8dc3dd41.jpg

Step four...... the embossed and in the white finished product basically.....

20121012_200724_zps38f3e0dd.jpg

20121012_200728_zps30f7c1ae.jpg

I am going to debur it and clean it up a little, powder coat it glossy black to match the engine and then brush finish the letters like I do my skull badges.

I have a skull one I am doing next to match the cylinder covers I make.

I have a few more things coming along soon as well....

Thanks
Todd

Now, if you can make that with this logo taking up the whole thing I will throw money at you. :D

starwars_imperial03.jpg

Thank you. I have a few more pieces coming out soon.

I know OTEC makes stuff across the pond, but they are pricey and you are limited to what they want to sell you as far as design goes.

I am going to do a limited run of 10 pcs, with your own wording up to a certain font/style/size/count on the letters. It will be a preorder prepay $100 plus shipping ( probably $10 shipping ) for a custom lettered one. Designs or logos would be extra as I have to design those and that takes time. I am not sure I would be interested in doing logos at this time either. But we'll see as winter progresses and how busy the shop is at that time.

If your interested let me know. I didn't plan on doing these as a part to sell, but overwhelming messages and emails just from yesterday made me figure I might as well make a few to pay for my time it took to make a fixture and design the part. This is more of a labor of love then make money off it. To actually price out my time and effort on these would have pushed the price well over $200. So I am not doing it to make money, just more because its fun for me to play with a few things here and there.

Todd

I'd be interested in just a plain aluminum one with no script, are you planning on making the stator cover too? Probably be a month or two before I could afford it though...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Do you want me to machine one and bring it ?

No, not just yet... I still owe a friend some money from buying that S10 (Vmax hauler) and want to finish paying him off before I spend anymore on the bike... It'll be a little bit before I have the $$ but I definitely want a set..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back