My new headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax1961

Reaction score
Just updated my headlight. Bought a VRSC lamp and what a difference. The light also has a much better beam than the old stock. :cheers:

Attachments

• small.JPG
    small.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,091
  • small (1).JPG
    small (1).JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,137
There were no surprises but I filed about 1/2" off the lower brackets for the original light, just to have more freeplay adjusting the beam up and down.
I bought the bucket used, and the glass new at a H-D dealer. The guy that sold me the bucket also had the clamps and plates. I then made some stainless 1/2" spacers to fit the light because the forks are a bit wider than the bucket. Hope you're not too confused now... ;)
The whole thing cost me around $245.

There were no surprises but I filed about 1/2" off the lower brackets for the original light, just to have more freeplay adjusting the beam up and down.
I bought the bucket used, and the glass new at a H-D dealer. The guy that sold me the bucket also had the clamps and plates. I then made some stainless 1/2" spacers to fit the light because the forks are a bit wider than the bucket. Hope you're not too confused now... ;)
The whole thing cost me around $245.

very nice man... i bet u could put a kit together for like $300 and sell it... hell i'd probably buy it i love the look!

Damn that looks good. I need to put a new headlight on SnowMax someday and I think I may have just seen what I need to do. Excellent work!!!

I knew i shouldnt have sold you those parts and gave you my idea, now we will have too many maxes with that light, maybe, a lot of people dont like that light.

how about them pics of your truck? did you get the truck completed.

i will have to say though, the light looks better on the stock forks than on the inverted forks.

I knew i shouldnt have sold you those parts and gave you my idea, now we will have too many maxes with that light, maybe, a lot of people dont like that light.
QUOTE] :rofl_200: Yeah, you're right. But it's noble to spread good ideas...:eusa_dance:
And this idea of yours is simply brillinant.
Well, the truck...these things always take more time than expected. Hopefully I'll get it rolling this month. I'm tired of the 49"s sitting in my garage. I'll keep you posted.

madmax1961, that looks awesome! I only hate to be the first copy-cat, but since that distinction has already been taken, I'm all over it! I recently took a rock in the lens of my headlight and broke it. I've been looking for a good replacement since the factory light isn't a real work of art. I can stop looking now.:clapping:

By the way, what are the mounting brackets to/for?

Last edited:
What size is the Vmax headlamp?
I see the HD replacements at 5 3/4 and 7"

The Vmax headlight is 5 3/4 inches and it is a bitch to fit an aftermarket headlight into the Vmax shell thoug I have fitted an entire 7" headlight and brackets to replace the original.But now I use 4 projector lights ,2 on low and 2 on high and I am thinking of changing it to 2 x 5 3/4 " Hella inserts in some spotlights I bought and making a bracket to mount them.Cheers Kevman

By the way, what are the mounting brackets to/for?

I think the clamps are originally for windscreen mount. Not really sure since I bought them directly from a guy that had this layout on his bike before.
Then the triangular mounts are just hand made as well as the spacers.

The Vmax headlight is 5 3/4 inches and it is a bitch to fit an aftermarket headlight into the Vmax shell thoug I have fitted an entire 7" headlight and brackets to replace the original.But now I use 4 projector lights ,2 on low and 2 on high and I am thinking of changing it to 2 x 5 3/4 " Hella inserts in some spotlights I bought and making a bracket to mount them.Cheers Kevman

Any images?

That does look great did you have to modify anything electrically? Or just wire it up?

I have been looking for a clear lens headlight for a while, since I want to add a Xenon light. This looks perfect. Very nicely done, madmax!

could look great with my HID :) Was thinking about getting a 7" but looks big even the pic on the exactrep website aren't that bad.

Back