My platform as a candidate for VMOA President

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,

In respsonse to posts in another thread that asked about having candidates for VMOA elected positions post their vision/platform they have for the election I decided to post what I see as my priorities should I be elected.

In no particular order of importance (they are all important and will be looked at as we move forward) here are my top priorities:

1) Have a new website up and running. This topic has been an ongoing and for some reason quite arduous one for the VMOA. It is my belief that we need to get this done ASAP and use whatever means necessary to do so. Our members deserve a high quality website that provides them the information and accessories they want. There are things in the works that are being discussed and worked on that hopefully will bear fruit in the very near future.

2) Change the Bylaws concerning Officer terms and elections. This issue stems partly from what is happening this year. We are loosing a very high percentage of the Officers all at once. What I am going to propose is a 2yr election cycle with 50% of the Officer positions coming up for election in any given year. This way we maintain some continuity across the Board even when Officers leave either through losing an election or choosing not to run again. Hopefully this will make life easier on everyone concerned. As for the election process, my proposal is exactly what others here have stated, set up a "Poll" in a forum wherein each person running for that position can state their platform and the members can vote anonymously in a controlled environment. There may need to be some tweaking to this system once we modify the Bylaws to allow this type of voting, but I see this as the way we need to proceed in the future.

3) Find new income streams for the VMOA. This is a huge concern for me and others on the Board. As the costs of things rise we cannot just ask for dues increase or find enough cost cutting to cover the costs. What we need are new, ongoing revenue streams that the VMOA can tap in to. We are looking at features added to the website (i.e. vendor advertising banners) and need to start checking with manufacturers to see what they can offer. Currently Yamaha Canada makes a donation to the VMOA here in Canada for Canadian events that we use to offset the removal of VMOA funds for events. We need to contact Yamaha USA and see if they would do the same for US events. As stated, we have to be innovative and creative in how we look for ways to keep our monetary health and not raise dues if at all possible.

I am open to suggestions if the VMOA members and non-members who may want to either re-join or join for things that we can do to better the club. Please feel free to contact me either via PM or post them here. I cannot make nor will I make promises that we can do everything you ask, but I can promise that I will make sure that they are brought to the Board for consideration.

Thanks for reading and have a great day:punk:

Jim, I always enjoy reading threads, posts and other info by you. I plan to stay a VMOA Member and look forward to moving past the negativity. Irregardless of it's origin. People in positions of power are always targets no matter whether it's a Sewing Club, Motorcycle Club or President of the United States. You just have to go beyond all the crap and do the best you can. You've been around a long time, I'm sure you know all of this.. Hope everything works out. Sounds great....

Dave / SpecOps13-4517

All,

In respsonse to posts in another thread that asked about having candidates for VMOA elected positions post their vision/platform they have for the election I decided to post what I see as my priorities should I be elected.

In no particular order of importance (they are all important and will be looked at as we move forward) here are my top priorities:

1) Have a new website up and running. This topic has been an ongoing and for some reason quite arduous one for the VMOA. It is my belief that we need to get this done ASAP and use whatever means necessary to do so. Our members deserve a high quality website that provides them the information and accessories they want. There are things in the works that are being discussed and worked on that hopefully will bear fruit in the very near future.

2) Change the Bylaws concerning Officer terms and elections. This issue stems partly from what is happening this year. We are loosing a very high percentage of the Officers all at once. What I am going to propose is a 2yr election cycle with 50% of the Officer positions coming up for election in any given year. This way we maintain some continuity across the Board even when Officers leave either through losing an election or choosing not to run again. Hopefully this will make life easier on everyone concerned. As for the election process, my proposal is exactly what others here have stated, set up a "Poll" in a forum wherein each person running for that position can state their platform and the members can vote anonymously in a controlled environment. There may need to be some tweaking to this system once we modify the Bylaws to allow this type of voting, but I see this as the way we need to proceed in the future.

3) Find new income streams for the VMOA. This is a huge concern for me and others on the Board. As the costs of things rise we cannot just ask for dues increase or find enough cost cutting to cover the costs. What we need are new, ongoing revenue streams that the VMOA can tap in to. We are looking at features added to the website (i.e. vendor advertising banners) and need to start checking with manufacturers to see what they can offer. Currently Yamaha Canada makes a donation to the VMOA here in Canada for Canadian events that we use to offset the removal of VMOA funds for events. We need to contact Yamaha USA and see if they would do the same for US events. As stated, we have to be innovative and creative in how we look for ways to keep our monetary health and not raise dues if at all possible.

I am open to suggestions if the VMOA members and non-members who may want to either re-join or join for things that we can do to better the club. Please feel free to contact me either via PM or post them here. I cannot make nor will I make promises that we can do everything you ask, but I can promise that I will make sure that they are brought to the Board for consideration.

Thanks for reading and have a great day:punk:

So Jimmy you really had to sweet that one out...a real close race.

What are you going to do for a VP and Treasurer ? Maybe you can be all three?

Just one question . . don't they have any dentist in Canada?:rofl_200:

Bob,

Both positions are filled, but thanks for your concern :rofl_200: You do realize that even though I was uncontested should the Board of Directors not have the confidence in my ability to do the job they could have not voted me in right? Someday you will give up your "crusade" against the VMOA and I am looking forward to it. Although I find your posts humorous at times, mostly they just serve no purpose.

As for my dental health, thanks again for your concern:rofl_200: Just for your own edification (if you don't know what that means look it up please) I have a partial I wear when I feel the need, just so happens I really don't like to wear it so I don't.

Next inane post please.

Well Jim i want to say congrats i hope you do some things different i would like to see Paul an Venus back in the vmoa again i think its gone downhill from there and unless changes are made i cant see it lasting. I dont know if there was some dirty dealing going on before and i dont care its in the past and needs to be let go. I think Thunder has the biggest turn out of vmaxs as far as events go. So i hope you have CHANGE in mind as far as rides ,eats and so on. Please dont start off doing the same shit year after year, and i dont mean for YOU to make all the plans but the members need to step up and make suggestions. I think it would be a great asset to the new website to have a link of up and coming bike events where the vmoa will be attending and a schedule of events. 3933 JIM

Well Jim i want to say congrats i hope you do some things different i would like to see Paul an Venus back in the vmoa again i think its gone downhill from there and unless changes are made i cant see it lasting. I dont know if there was some dirty dealing going on before and i dont care its in the past and needs to be let go. I think Thunder has the biggest turn out of vmaxs as far as events go. So i hope you have CHANGE in mind as far as rides ,eats and so on. Please dont start off doing the same shit year after year, and i dont mean for YOU to make all the plans but the members need to step up and make suggestions. I think it would be a great asset to the new website to have a link of up and coming bike events where the vmoa will be attending and a schedule of events. 3933 JIM

Jim,

Thanks for the congratulations! I do understand that there are some changes to be made for sure. As for Paul and Venus, that was before my time and all I have heard are rumours and conjecture so I really don't want to step into that arena. Thunder though is a different story, we are working on a plan through the Board of Directors to put together a panel to organize events at Thunder. We would love to have you and anyone else local to be a huge part of this. If you are interested let me know and I will let the Board know you want to help.

There is a section on the current website for Regional news which is where ride information is supposed to be posted. As with a majority of the site it is greatly under utilized. Another thing I need to see corrected.

Thanks for your dedication & hopefully you can turn things aroung. The Hell with the negative people they obviously dont have much of a life any way.

I will definitely give it my best shot for sure. One thing I have to realize is that there will always be people who want to tear things down and there will be nothing I can say or do to change their minds. Just have to look past them to the others out there who are positive and want to help make the VMOA a better club.

First off I'd like to congratulate Jim. I'm proud to not only be a VMOA member, but to be in a position in the club to organize rides in Western Canada. With out a doubt Jim will do a great job as the Pres.

Well now. . that's something I agree with.

Was that positive enough?

Latest posts

Back