My Range Day With Short AR-22 Barrels Was absolutely A Blast.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
This is an article I wrote for AR-15.com. I'm shooting With Ron Williams, owner of RMW Extreme here in Florida.
He generally builds Pistol Caliber AR-15 Uppers. I do testing for him also. Clint Beyer is a premium barrel maker
for 10/22's and AR-22's. He's in Washington State..

Clint Beyer sent a 5" and a 7.5" 1:9 twist barrel for evaluation... I built with parts I had on hand and a few
that I picked up from Ron. The builds turned out nice but I didn't have much laying around for optics. I
did grab an EOTech 511 off a Bushmaster. We found that with or without, Clint's Barrels were consistent
enough, shooting with or without it was good enough for the steel targets we had available at various ranges.
ClintBeyer5inchand75inch.jpg

This is a video I did after we'd shot for a while. The mess we made, some shots of the 22 uppers
and the range, showing the targets at various distances... We of course cleaned up when we were done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMDEeJlTSx4

I had BDM's Gen III Mags and X-Form mags and the new steel feed lip magazine from CMMG. Only
mag failure was the feed lips spread on one of the BDM Gen III's. We tried shooting both the uppers I
mentioned and an 8", 1:16" twist barrel Clint made for me some time back. The 2 longer barrels need
some tweaking to work full auto. I ended up shooting them Semi as they were not tripping the hammer
in Full Auto.. Ron has some thoughts on that but we were limited in time. He had pistol caliber centerfire
uppers to run before shipping. He runs all the uppers he builds to insure perfect function.

The day Friday was overcast with a light breeze. The perfect day for shooting here in Florida. Ron is now
a Class 2 / 7 manufacturer so we had full auto capability... :clapping:

The next couple videos show the fun we had with the 5", We fired Federal Bulk mainly so there were a few
duds and a few light loads that failed to cycle the bolt. for he most part the upper functioned perfect. At the end
of the day, we used some Winchester 555 and it worked flawlessly.... The videos are the first time each of us fired
the 5" upper. It was the first upper we tried, early in the morning....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8HXvkMZAjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GO7yBeWew8

Note: I need to lose some of those keys. Need to stop buying more vehicles, especially Motorcycles...
icon_smile.gif

Dave

BTW: My last word in the last video is,,,, "Unreal".....:rofl_200:

Looks like fun. Hell, I'd be missing a finger with that short of a barrel.:punk:

That's the reason for the huge rail guards....:rofl_200:I just moved up to testing full auto thanks to Ron Williams. I've done some writing
for him in the past about his pistol caliber uppers. Great person to shoot with... Makes really nice AR-15 Uppers in a variety of calibers...

A house robber would s!!t a gold brick with that being let loose on his ass!!Don't guess you need neighborhood watch.Cool video.

Actually poppop, Ron's building me a 7.5", 45 acp Upper for a Registered AR-15 Pistol Lower. With a 30 round Grease Gun Magazine...
Home Invasions with as many as 7 perpetrators is becoming the norm here... Florida's falling economy has been very rough on people
here where I am...
Surprise, Bring the criminals on....:th_biggun: :rofl_200:

Actually poppop, Ron's building me a 7.5", 45 acp Upper for a Registered AR-15 Pistol Lower. With a 30 round Grease Gun Magazine...
Home Invasions with as many as 7 perpetrators is becoming the norm here... Florida's falling economy has been very rough on people
here where I am...
Surprise, Bring the criminals on....:th_biggun: :rofl_200:

7 perps!!!? wow, I'd be stocking up for real... I'm preparing for when the lovely people of Reading lose their SSI checks because the government is broke. All hell is gonna break loose... I also say stock up on the ammo now. It's my opinion that the government will control guns not through the sale of firearms but through the sale of ammunition...

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst

Back