My Weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvmccreary

Reaction score
So I had high hopes to start finishing the max I have been working on all summer, now that its finally over, had a couple mishaps and a broken stud that I had to remove the engine to work on, but I had the engine put back in, HD oiling kit installed thanks to Sean, a new (used) clutch and coolant elbow thanks to PATMAX and I'm just ready to put gaskets on and prep her for starting. AND THEN bam, one of the 10mm clutch spring bolts breaks in half, half in half out of the basket. !#%^&*@$% Are you kidding me? Seriously, this was supposed to be the easy part. This really isn't that big of a deal but with where I was I wanted to be done this week, which might still be possible IF I have time.

So after that happened I called my Dad who rides a Goldwing 1500 GL and borrowed it for the weekend. My Wife and I drove up to Philly came back down to the eastern shore and just drove all over for the weekend. By time I took it back to him we had gone 600 miles, our asses were numb and my face is tomato red to match my forearms, but were pretty happy we got to ride this year.

I'm just so ready for this thing to run again. Its a little aggravating. Can I get an AMEN?!

Kinda nice just dropping your bike off at a dealer or mechanic's place but MORE rewarding doing it yourself .. Sucks when you wanna ride and can't . Lucky for you to have one to borrow!

Yeah I know and the only reason I'm even doing the work is because the bike was my grandfathers and I wanted to keep it alive, In memory of him. My dad jokingly suggested that I buy another max and just put the tins on it to make it look like his

Yeah I know and the only reason I'm even doing the work is because the bike was my grandfathers and I wanted to keep it alive, In memory of him. My dad jokingly suggested that I buy another max and just put the tins on it to make it look like his

Just think how proud your grandfather will be when he is watching you from above riding his old vmax that you fixed up yourself :clapping:

It will be well worth all the little headaches your going through now, good luck!

Attachments

• VMax engine out.JPG
    VMax engine out.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 15
  • intake cam 2.jpg
    intake cam 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 15
  • intake cam 3.jpg
    intake cam 3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 12
  • intake cam.jpg
    intake cam.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 15
Just think how proud your grandfather will be when he is watching you from above riding his old vmax that you fixed up yourself

Yeah but after learning this much I think he would be happy that I have even taken on such a project and learned so much about this bike. But I still have hope for it and thanks for the encouragement :punk:

Back