My wife!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo6

Reaction score
Hi guys, my wife just passed her 'A' class road test and can now legally ride any size bike on the street!! So I guess we'll be going for a ride tonight! :clapping:

We have 2 endorsements here for your motorcycle license:
Class 'A': Ride any size bike
Class 'D': Ride any bike under 550cc's

I think thats sooooo cool each of you have your own bike maybe now she`ll realize just how relaxing and stress relieving a good ride really is.:eusa_dance:
Oh, Oh now your in trouble LOL:rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>

I think thats sooooo cool each of you have your own bike maybe now she`ll realize just how relaxing and stress relieving a good ride really is.:eusa_dance:
Oh, Oh now your in trouble LOL:rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>

It started early spring. I had gone 11 years since selling my last bike, we needed the money.... anywho, we were on the topic of bikes and she made the off-the-cuff remark that we could afford one now if I wanted to get one. I shit you not, 45 minutes later I was walking the showroom floor of the local Honda Stealership :biglaugh:.... didn't see a single bike I liked.... anyway, to make a long story short, I found and bought my Max within 2 weeks of her statement :clapping:. Then she started talking about wanting to get her own bike and learning to ride! :punk: How perfect is that?! She now has a ZX6R that has been lowered 1.5"s, it's a fun little bike to ride, reminds me a riding a peddle bike it's so effortless. So now this fall and next summer are going to be a blast!!!

Awesome! I really wish we had that system here. To many morons can just jump on a liter bike and ride away from the dealer.

Congrat's!:clapping:

Make sure you both ride safe. I came very close (too close) to taking a bike out with my pick-up this morning. The guy was riding in a blind spot on a double lane hwy. I was turning left across their lanes and he was hiding in behind another vehicle in the far lane block from view. Lucky for him I was cautious and therefore had time to stop. Many non-biker cage drivers would have just gassed it and took him out. He was not riding in a good lane position. That and having a 5 gallon pail strapped on the back seat kinda told me safety wasn't one of his priorities.

Kaboom: ya ya, we will. Gotta put the hours in at the day job, it pays the bills, the bike CREATES them! :D
Chris: I can't agree more!!!
Trevor: LMAO @ the last statement!! I'm always on high alert when riding, I just wish it was something I could teach my wife, sadly it comes from practice and experience.

I'm actually thinking about picking up a third bike to add to the arsenal. It's a '92 Suzuki GS500 with 25000km. Here's the deficiency list:
- Leak in the tank along one of the seams, so it needs to be coated (he's been quoted $130 to coat inside and out, then it would need paint.... I'm open to suggestions here)
- Needs tires ($170?)
- It has sat all summer and the battery can't turn it over, so it needs a battery.... ($70-$80?)
- As a result of sitting all summer, the carbs will need to be tore apart and at the very least cleaned, possibly rebuilt. (hard to put a price on this...)
- it has some cosmetic needs as well, scrapes and bruises... sorta stuff that's expected on a 17 year old bike!

The guys asking $700 OBO. I'm going to review the deficiency list with him, then likely offer him $500 cash. Much more than that and I think I'll walk.

The main reason for the third bike is it's smaller than my wife's ZX6R so she can get more comfortable on the road, plus my son will be of age in 2 years!! :) He'll need a ride of his own!! Weeeeee

Kaboom: ya ya, we will. Gotta put the hours in at the day job, it pays the bills, the bike CREATES them! :D
Chris: I can't agree more!!!
Trevor: LMAO @ the last statement!! I'm always on high alert when riding, I just wish it was something I could teach my wife, sadly it comes from practice and experience.

I'm actually thinking about picking up a third bike to add to the arsenal. It's a '92 Suzuki GS500 with 25000km. Here's the deficiency list:
- Leak in the tank along one of the seams, so it needs to be coated (he's been quoted $130 to coat inside and out, then it would need paint.... I'm open to suggestions here)
- Needs tires ($170?)
- It has sat all summer and the battery can't turn it over, so it needs a battery.... ($70-$80?)
- As a result of sitting all summer, the carbs will need to be tore apart and at the very least cleaned, possibly rebuilt. (hard to put a price on this...)
- it has some cosmetic needs as well, scrapes and bruises... sorta stuff that's expected on a 17 year old bike!

The guys asking $700 OBO. I'm going to review the deficiency list with him, then likely offer him $500 cash. Much more than that and I think I'll walk.

The main reason for the third bike is it's smaller than my wife's ZX6R so she can get more comfortable on the road, plus my son will be of age in 2 years!! :) He'll need a ride of his own!! Weeeeee

Sounds like a lotta work......

Unless you do it up like Quarterhorse's bobber:punk:

That would be SWEET!!!!!!:clapping:

Sounds like a lotta work......

Unless you do it up like Quarterhorse's bobber:punk:

That would be SWEET!!!!!!:clapping:
LOL, I do NOT have the skills to do that..... however coating the tank is something I would do myself or farm out. I can go through the carbs in a weekend, and I'm hoping the tires will last a few runs, but I don't know without looking at them. Then I would replace them this winter or early spring. Of course, I'll be talking worst case scenarios with the CO :)

we have a gs500 we were fixing up. it is a mess. they're nice little bikes when they run, i'd say do it. a lot of resale on them.

we cleared our gas issue (petcock wasn't working) and now it won't spark when the starter is engaged it seems. ugh.

Man, you are so lucky!! I WISH my wife would get her license....so she would get the hell off the back of my bike!! As far as your tank issue, have you ever coated one yourself? I have done several with a 3 part kit made by "Kreem". It runs about $35.00 for the kit.

Yea you are lucky. My ex-wife did get her license, and we got her a starter bike - cute lil' Honda CM200T, but then she never rode it, always finding excuses not to, much to my despair..

Oh well, we're not married anymore so why should I care lol

I've also used the Kreem kit to good effect, on that Honda too - would recommend it.

Vmaximus: no, I've never done one myself but I plan too :biglaugh:. I also agree 100% with your statement, I was MORE than supportive of her desire to learn and wasted no time in going to buy her a bike this past Spring! :rofl_200:

NG: She's eager to continue the long slow learning curve, but wants to be sensible about it so I'm leaning strongly towards picking it up, investing the $'s to bring it back to 'life' then perhaps sell it next summer. I could then use the cash to get my son a scooter as he turns 14 this November. :clapping:

And don't get me wrong....I love riding with the wife, she's a blonde- 5'3" 120lbs with a "C" cup, and nothings better than having those on your back! But its a different ride when you are 2 up. The Kreem tank liner is super easy to use, and can have your tank ready to use in 24 hours.

Latest posts

Back