need a good V-Max mechanic in Southern California

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnut108

Reaction score
I'm about to give up on fixing my 2005 V-Max myself. You guys have been great on helping me with my front forks, read wheel and stuck float in #1 carb. Only had the bike about 6 weeks and have been trying to get it to run smooth.

It has 11,000 miles and, at least on the outside, looks great. In my quest for reliability I have changed the plugs, fuel filter, battery ( all oem) I've blasted the carbs with carb cleaner, used Sea Foam, drained the float bowls and tank of old gas and put in fresh gas. Sync the carbs. Adjusted the air/fuel screws 2 turns out. Read and re-read the carb section on this form.

After all this , the bike wont even start now. I can get it to start with starter fluid but it runs only for a short time on its own. About the only thing I have fixed is it no longer needs the choke to run. ( when it runs) So you see guys, this is why I am going to have to find someone smarter than me, I give up.

Any good V-Max mechanics in Southern California. My local Yamaha dealer has a mechanic ( at $110 an hour) but he doesn't have that much experience with V-Max's and I don't want to pay for his education. Thanks, Patrick :bang head:

I give up.

Any good V-Max mechanics in Southern California. Thanks, Patrick
Yes there is Patrick, my mechanic Nick has been taking care of my Vmax for over 8 years. He's an hour away from long beach in Oceanside. This guy can fix yer bike & he's much cheaper. He does everything from,split cases, carb rebuilds to engine swaps.He can tell you everything about your bike.It's to bad he's not on this forum. I don't know what I'd do without him.He also does custom fabrication as well. If you decide to go to him, give me a PM & ill let him know your coming. May be I'll see you their. :biglaugh:http://www.oceansidecyclesupply.com/:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Nick Kok-My Hero!!.jpg
    Nick Kok-My Hero!!.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 9
Don't give up. Have someone really rebuild your carbs, change your fuel filter and fuel lines if you think it's bad enough (mine was terrible and the lines were actually ok), and set your screws to 2.5 turns. See how that. goes. If you want, you can send your carbs to Sean or Danny for a real V-max brain-trust rebuild. If you don't want to do them yourself, either of those guys (and a few others I'm sure) could get you set. I haven't read all your threads, but I'd also check the spark gap and make sure it's set correctly for whatever system you're running -- coils or COPS.

Yes there is Patrick, my mechanic Nick has been taking care of my Vmax for over 8 years. He's an hour away from long beach in Oceanside. This guy can fix yer bike & he's much cheaper. He does everything from,split cases, carb rebuilds to engine swaps.He can tell you everything about your bike.It's to bad he's not on this forum. I don't know what I'd do without him.He also does custom fabrication as well. If you decide to go to him, give me a PM & ill let him know your coming. May be I'll see you their. :biglaugh:http://www.oceansidecyclesupply.com/:biglaugh:

Thanks Rusty, this is what I was looking for. I will let you know when I'm going.

I'm pretty sure I've just recently found the best motorcycle shop in LA: Crago Racing in Van Nuys. I can't say I have enough experience to guarantee them, but the guys, the insanely clean shop, their rates, their Yelp page, the head guys' experience, and the recommendation I got (from a salvage/parts place that I trust) all inspire a great deal of confidence.

I'm about to give up on fixing my 2005 V-Max myself. You guys have been great on helping me with my front forks, read wheel and stuck float in #1 carb. Only had the bike about 6 weeks and have been trying to get it to run smooth.

It has 11,000 miles and, at least on the outside, looks great. In my quest for reliability I have changed the plugs, fuel filter, battery ( all oem) I've blasted the carbs with carb cleaner, used Sea Foam, drained the float bowls and tank of old gas and put in fresh gas. Sync the carbs. Adjusted the air/fuel screws 2 turns out. Read and re-read the carb section on this form.

After all this , the bike wont even start now. I can get it to start with starter fluid but it runs only for a short time on its own. About the only thing I have fixed is it no longer needs the choke to run. ( when it runs) So you see guys, this is why I am going to have to find someone smarter than me, I give up.

Any good V-Max mechanics in Southern California. My local Yamaha dealer has a mechanic ( at $110 an hour) but he doesn't have that much experience with V-Max's and I don't want to pay for his education. Thanks, Patrick :bang head:
Everyone of the "O,G`s" here know Fargo . He is a verrrry good friend of mine (half of my bike is from parts that we traded to create two monsters LOL ) His user name is... raging main" .. I cancall him and tell him to get on line here.
<<Dave>> :punk:

Everyone of the "O,G`s" here know Fargo . He is a verrrry good friend of mine (half of my bike is from parts that we traded to create two monsters LOL ) His user name is... raging main" .. I cancall him and tell him to get on line here.
<<Dave>> :punk:
where is he located ?

Back