• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need fuel pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can adapt an aftermarket pump from your local auto store if you cannot find a good used one. They're not particularly expensive, just make sure you have it well-secured.

Look at Jegs for their universal pumps, they have several. jegs.com

Just make sure you don't get one with too-much pressure, one for fuel injection will likely be too-much pressure.

I used an EBay pump in my '85. The brackets didn't work, so a bit of fiddling was necessary, but the pump works fine. I'm thinking it was a bit less than $20.00 shipped.

The particular pump I bought clicks really loudly, so be aware they all might. I'm sure they are all coming from the same factory in China..

I would happily buy a used OEM pump before trusting a new one that could be made in China.

As long as seller feedback is 99.9% or better and its tested you should be golden and it should be cheap.

I would happily buy a used OEM pump before trusting a new one that could be made in China.

As long as seller feedback is 99.9% or better and its tested you should be golden and it should be cheap.

I've got to say, I feel the same way about made in China. But, Metzler tires made there, have proven to be better than the German made rubber they previously used. I almost sent them back because the Super Store lied to me about origin. But wanted to ride that day so I mounted them and they are wearing better and longer.

You can adapt an aftermarket pump from your local auto store if you cannot find a good used one. They're not particularly expensive, just make sure you have it well-secured.

Look at Jegs for their universal pumps, they have several. jegs.com

Just make sure you don't get one with too-much pressure, one for fuel injection will likely be too-much pressure.

The "Mr Gasket" 4 cylinder universal pumps have been know to get by with no issues.

Back