need help on calipers please!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayV4

Reaction score
found some front fj1200 calipers for a very reasonable price! they off an '88 model

wanting to know if they will fit max? as she single pots and the fj's are twin

cheers jay

Odds are they have the later vmax spacing but I can't remember. The only direct bolt on 4 pistons that I knew of were from an FZR400RR racebike. You'd need adapters for about anything else.

Sean

Try to find some '98 - '04 Hayabusa (tokico) calipers and then get Sean's adapters, I have them on my '92 and they work very well! :thumbs up:

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Is there any difference in 04 busa calipers vs 05-07? I though the front end of the busa was unchanged from 99-07.

On another note, us vmaxers are always here on the forum talking about how great these calipers are. If you go on the busa forum, they talk about how bad they suck. Then, the guys with the gen2 busa are complaining about their 310mm rotors with radial calipers wishing they had the monoblock like the newer gsxr 1K. Just goes to show that the grass is always greener on the other side. No matter what we have, its never good enough.

That being said, I got some new parts in today! LOL

cheers guys he's sending me some sizes so i'll have a see from there

thanks for the help!

Is there any difference in 04 busa calipers vs 05-07? I though the front end of the busa was unchanged from 99-07.

On another note, us vmaxers are always here on the forum talking about how great these calipers are. If you go on the busa forum, they talk about how bad they suck. Then, the guys with the gen2 busa are complaining about their 310mm rotors with radial calipers wishing they had the monoblock like the newer gsxr 1K. Just goes to show that the grass is always greener on the other side. No matter what we have, its never good enough.

That being said, I got some new parts in today! LOL
I may be wrong because I'm going from memory:)biglaugh:) and what I thought the ebay info stated.
Ok I just looked at the info from the email I received after winning the bid: 98-03 TL1000R HAYABUSA ZX6R ZX7R FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS
Not much help but looks like you can add the TL100r, ZX6R, and ZX7R ('98-'03) along with the Hayabusa, in your search for pre- '93 caliper replacements.

99-07 Busa. Zx12R. and zx9r should work and have 6 pistons. The others are 4 piston and will work with the same adapter I believe but not nearly as good a conversion.

Sean

Latest posts

Back