Need help reassembling.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
I had to take out my carbs to get them cleaned recently and that required removing the left side scoop plus all the electrical components on that side of the bike. Also, the throttle cable junction box and the plastic covers that hold the electronic parts were removed as well. Now I can't figure out how all the electrical cables are routed! Can someone please provide pictures so I can see how they all go back together? I should have taken pictures myself but I was impatient.

I've attached a picture of the section I need help with. What's the proper way to reassemble this section including wire routing?

Thanks!

Fatbiker

Attachments

• Side Cover.jpg
    Side Cover.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 42
Throttle cables go together first and get tucked behind the plastic cover. See the photo. Its close to a stock arrangement. The only difference is the small black relay tucked in behind the relay labeled "De.nso" and the two wires to the left of that relay in the photo are re-routed to the extra relay

Attachments

• 2011-03-06_21-56-02_258.jpg
    2011-03-06_21-56-02_258.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for the pics! Exactly what I needed.

I have all the plastic parts but just couldn't figure out the routing of the cable and if the throttle box was in front of or behind the plastic piece that holds the electronics.

Also, when I install the throttle junction box it is slightly bent around the frame. Is this normal or should it not be bent at all.

It also needs to run behind the LH fork and in FRONT of the RH fork. This allows for a smooth transition for the cables around the steering head nor will they bind when you turn the handlebars to full lock either way.

Back