Need new battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always a believer in the Odyssey, until I bought my first Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery. It cranks the Max over faster (and idles smoother) than my Odyssey did, and the same battery fits the Max, the Hayabusa, and my '81 CB650C. It's lighter, smaller, and as far as I can tell, better in every way. Even has a second set of terminals, which makes it easier to add accessories, like the volt gauge and the USB charger. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F9LPJ8S

I can't imagine I'll ever go back to any lead acid or AGM battery after this thing. (The attached photo is my CB650C battery next to the Lithium battery that replaced it. That's the same Lithium that fits the other two bikes, as well.)

May will be two years since I switched the first two bikes, and November will be two years for the third bike, so I can't attest to longevity yet. If they get anywhere close to the life I used to get from Odyssey, though, I'll be very pleased.

Attachments

• CB650 battery.jpg
    CB650 battery.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 190
So in summary, is there a write-up to make the upgrades you did with parts and etc? It's early enough. You guys know this bike, I don't, even though I've had it for 17 years. Is this electrical stuff, also getting COPS or wahtever they are? I remember BM told me plenty of times to get rid of the stock coils...
You mean like this one! http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108
Also in electrical there is a sticky thread explaining the regulator upgrade.
Check the voltage at your batery while idling and at say 2000. If it's more that 13.5 you are good, if it's less, follow the above instructions and you will gain voltage. I have made the upgrades to both my bikes and they work.

I was always a believer in the Odyssey, until I bought my first Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery. It cranks the Max over faster (and idles smoother) than my Odyssey did, and the same battery fits the Max, the Hayabusa, and my '81 CB650C. It's lighter, smaller, and as far as I can tell, better in every way. Even has a second set of terminals, which makes it easier to add accessories, like the volt gauge and the USB charger. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F9LPJ8S

I can't imagine I'll ever go back to any lead acid or AGM battery after this thing. (The attached photo is my CB650C battery next to the Lithium battery that replaced it. That's the same Lithium that fits the other two bikes, as well.)

May will be two years since I switched the first two bikes, and November will be two years for the third bike, so I can't attest to longevity yet. If they get anywhere close to the life I used to get from Odyssey, though, I'll be very pleased.

Good price, and 2 lbs. Like it.

That Shorie battery is the only way for me Barry. I'm wondering what my 89 weighs? I shed the center stand, have Marks exhaust, of course the battery weight, my 17" wheels are lighter, and the OEM coils are gone. I'd think I'm well down near 550 lbs.
Ride safe,
Steve
Commander 3s will get ya even lighter.

Back