Need Seat Replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstove

Reaction score
Float Needle Seat Replacement

Great forum and Topic so far this is the most informative source I have found on the BDS carbs .

First off hope I don't get run out fer not having a Vmax but we share carbs I have an 1987 XV535T with a pair of BDS's

What is involved in replacing the needle seat from what I gather it goes in from the top and is held in by that no longer available plug .

Seen so many great how to's here I'm wondering if ya can detail whats involved and best tools to get it done .

IMG_0165-1.jpg

Last edited:
If it's small and it's brass,..any good machinist will make them for you.
I'm not sure about the tools you would require,..but some one else here definitely will.

I'm not sure what part you are talking about but have you tried someplace like bikebandit? They have the oem fiche online and from what I guessed, the screw plug your talking about for $7.95.

Thanks fer the reply Storlok, I've been living in those Dang Micro fiche trying to figure out what swaps around on these carbs

I know fer a fact the Float Needle seat changes after the 87-89 year run on my bike because of photos on vendor sites and from 87-00 they don’t even list the plug with a number I don’t know if the carb body dimensions change and whether they will swap out .

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Picture1-1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Latest posts

Back