Need starter help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin

Reaction score
I did starter clutch repair last year ( new bolts lock tight and pinged )
Well it started the box of rocks sound again so I tore down yesterday and the bolts were not loose every thing seemed tight a little wear in what I'm going to call a oil shim but no worse than it was last year
Any suggestion I'm stumped ? THANKS

Can ya post a pic of two? The oil shim is not ringing a bell yet. Check for a cracked clutch housing, elongated bolt holes? All the dogs and springs in place and in good shape? I'm sure others will chime in too.
Steve

What I'm calling shim is round plate that holds bearings and springs in place between gear and fly wheel can't show pics bike is back together it's my daily rider
Thanks

By 'clutch housing' I think Steve is referring to #7, the ring that the rollers go in. Check that this isn't cracked.

picture.php

Can ya post a pic of two? The oil shim is not ringing a bell yet. Check for a cracked clutch housing, elongated bolt holes? All the dogs and springs in place and in good shape? I'm sure others will chime in too.
Steve

+1 on what Steveooo said, look for a hair line crack in the cage that holds the rollers and springs.

also check that #6 isn't worn out, where the rollers grab.

Thanks for the info The carrier did not have any cracks that i could see and #6 seemed to be smooth with no grooves or really worn spots I guess im going to order new carrier dogs and springs thats all i know to try If no one has any other suggestions Also it does not do it all the time there is no pattern to it I would say it does it more often than not:bang head:
thanks for all yalls help

Latest posts

Back