Need to replace my front tire--HELP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the Metzlers, wicked tires love the way they ride, feels a little less slick then the avons i got on my V2, but then again i got more power and drive the V2 harder, is that why the tire spins more:ummm::rofl_200:

I have a brand new Metzeler ME 880, 110/90 18 M/C 61H in my garage that I was going to put on my 2004. It has never been mounted since I'm planning to sell the bike. Bought a new 2009 and don't need two bikes. I will part with it for $50 cash and since you also live in Cincinnati and could pick it up, there won't be any shipping charges. :clapping:

Let me know if you want it.

Mike

It's time to replace the front tire on my 2001 V-Max. Since I'm not an aggressive driver, I want a tire that will provide excellent mileage. Have been running the Dunlop 491 for years and getting 17,000 out of my front tires. Great tire! They don't make the 491 any more. So what has been your experiences with front tires and how much mileage have you been getting on your selection?

Currently running Metzeler Marathon on rear and a Lasertech on the front. The Lasertech is a piece of junk!!! Did not even get 5,000 miles out of this tire.

Thanks!

I am running Shinko 230 Tourmasters in stock size. Even though the sizes were the same, the new front tire was about a half-inch SHORTER than the wore out Dunlop that came on the bike. It threw my speedometer WAY off.

Also, I don't know if you ride with anybody, but my girl complains that the Shinkos throw road debris everywhere behind me, pelting her. She hates my Shinkos.

I am running Shinko 230 Tourmasters in stock size. Even though the sizes were the same, the new front tire was about a half-inch SHORTER than the wore out Dunlop that came on the bike. It threw my speedometer WAY off.

Also, I don't know if you ride with anybody, but my girl complains that the Shinkos throw road debris everywhere behind me, pelting her. She hates my Shinkos.
whats she ride??? maybe you should let her go in front for a while man you know chg positions :rofl_200:

Back