New GenII Video's from Vmaxguru.com

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait to see a dyno run with Catalytic conv. box removed. Although it will be loud, just wondering how much HP is to be gained from it.

Impressive on the airbox, 7HP gain.

In the second video, whats up with the jetstream of air or fuel that you see around the 1:09 min. mark. Seen it again a bit later on in the vid?

Interesting stuff!

I found it interesting that the "variable length" intake is actually just 2 lengths! It just lifts all the intakes off of the shorter intake. I wonder if that would benefit the 1st Gens?

I found it interesting that the "variable length" intake is actually just 2 lengths! It just lifts all the intakes off of the shorter intake. I wonder if that would benefit the 1st Gens?

I imagine they did that to get the V-Boost effect. If it was truly variable, you wouldn't feel any "kick", just a smooth increase in acceleration.

That is very cool he went to the trouble and also made those available. The motor doesn't sound as good revving as it does under load.

I'm surprised the airbox cover made a difference, but it would act differently with a 100mph headwind. Does anyone know if Cycle World uses a dyno with fans hitting the air scoops?

Is Guru on this board?

That is very cool he went to the trouble and also made those available. The motor doesn't sound as good revving as it does under load.

I'm surprised the airbox cover made a difference, but it would act differently with a 100mph headwind. Does anyone know if Cycle World uses a dyno with fans hitting the air scoops?

Is Guru on this board?

His Name is Tim Nash, he hangs out on the Yahoo Boards, I found the link to the video's there. He has a cool website. I'm not sure if he is a member on this list, looks like he is also a VMOA Member. Other members here may know him. Maybe someone should invite him to Busters world:biglaugh:
http://www.Vmaxguru.com

His Name is Tim Nash, he hangs out on the Yahoo Boards, I found the link to the video's there. He has a cool website. I'm not sure if he is a member on this list, looks like he is also a VMOA Member. Other members here may know him. Maybe someone should invite him to Busters world:biglaugh:

I already sent him an invite! :banana: I'm sure he could make great contributions to the 2nd Gen technical section.

I met Tim today! Went to Sarasota for Thunder by the Bay, and caught up with 82ndCowboy and a large group of VMOA maxxers, including Tim.

We had no less than Three gen2 bikes, and about 10 gen1, including some serious works of art. I took a few pics but they're in my phone - will upload when I get round to it.

Tim's a great guy, I enjoyed talking to him. Also this other guy Rick, who trailered his '09 from Illinois (!) for the week.

Great day out with lotsa Maxes! :clapping::eusa_dance::clapping::biglaugh::punk:

Good deal! You must be talking about Rick Rash. He's a good guy.

I hope so as this is the ONLY site worthy of any technical talk of the 1st and 2nd gen VMax!!!

I agree this site is fresh and unbiased. I think it will pick up over time because a different forum seems to have some other motive behind it, and is moderated (or manipulated) that way.

Last edited:
I agree this site is fresh and unbiased. I think it will pick up over time because a different forum seems to have some other motive behind it, and is moderated (or manipulated) that way.

Thats what I was trying to get at..Thanks

Last edited:

Folks,

Gary, the administrator of this site, sent me a very polite e-mail asking me to join his forum. I responded to him that I have all but sworn off forums. For as long as I have surfed forums, I have come to the realization that I am a very black and white technical person that lacks good people skills. I love to meet and greet in person, talk shop, and most of all, tinker on my bike. Many times I see these forums get way off topic when it really should be about the bike. Its the destructive "keyboard commandos" and "keyboard tuner technicians" that really get under my skin. Rather than perpetuate this anger, I choose to make my own web site and start tinkering on video for real results and honest answers.

I did take the liberty to join the forum and look around. I was quite please at the conduct. Seems to be a respectful group. An oddity in this day and age. Although this gives me some hope, with great respect, I still have made a decision to maintain my focus on working on this bike. I'm not being snobby, I just simply lost my taste for forums right now. I hope its understandable. Secondly I have a new bike that is virgin territory for me. This consumes a substantial portion of my time. Tinkering on this level is Gods design for me. I have found my place. This makes me happy. My intention is to showcase a fabulous new version of a bike that I have been attracted to since I was in High School. I share it's attitude. I am surely not excluding myself from posting on your forum, just saying that its no longer my forte.

In closing I will say this, if you guys comeup with a question about this bike you can't figure out, please e-mail me. Hard problems are what I like to solve. I may be able to help. Thank you for the kind words and I will check in on you folks every now and then. You may want to subscribe to my youtube page to see new videos. With your permission, I will add a link on my site to this good forum.

Its an honor,
Tim Nash
VMaxGuru.com

Thanks for posting here vmaxguru, and we all appreciate all you have done for the community of Vmaxxers. Keep up the great work!!

Guru, thanks for the visit and for those videos. I'll follow your site and your YouTube posts.

Latest posts

Back