New Gig.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I got hired on as a vocalist/frontman for a local rock/oldies band a couple weeks ago. There's gonna be a month or two of practicing, and learning new arrangements for very familiar songs, but I think it's going to work out great.

In January of 1964, along with millions of other people, I watched The Beatles on "The Ed Sullivan Show". From that moment on, I wanted to be onstage in a band. Being left handed, and a bit fumble fingered, I never got past very basic (VERY) guitar, so it was vocals, or nothing... It only took 54 years, but it looks like I made it.

So, if you ever hear that "The Good Question Band" is playing a football stadium near you, don't worry if the show is sold out, it's not us! Our "Good Question Band" will be happy to get a couple gigs a month, locally around Buffalo NY..

Post-up the youtube videos. I wanna see you workin' it.

And, don't forget to boogie!
- Bob "the Bear" Hite

The second song in the clip is one of the all-time greats, for me. Very appropriate for a bike ride.

Last edited:
Sweet! Barbie Benton and Hugh Hefner at 2:50....Playboy After Dark.

I got hired on as a vocalist/frontman for a local rock/oldies band a couple weeks ago. There's gonna be a month or two of practicing, and learning new arrangements for very familiar songs, but I think it's going to work out great.

In January of 1964, along with millions of other people, I watched The Beatles on "The Ed Sullivan Show". From that moment on, I wanted to be onstage in a band. Being left handed, and a bit fumble fingered, I never got past very basic (VERY) guitar, so it was vocals, or nothing... It only took 54 years, but it looks like I made it.

So, if you ever hear that "The Good Question Band" is playing a football stadium near you, don't worry if the show is sold out, it's not us! Our "Good Question Band" will be happy to get a couple gigs a month, locally around Buffalo NY..

Excellent! Sounds like a vmaxforum event when you guys are doing a live gig.

Sweet dude! Maybe we can warm you guys up for a big headline show man! www.zeppelinxp.com Also going to need to see some utube vids when ya'll up and runnin. congrats on getting in on a band and keeping the dream alive. never too late.

Weekly practices have been working wonders on the way we sound. My main problem was learning the timing for the slightly differing arrangements the band plays the songs. I've sung some of the songs literally thousands of times, but it gets tricky when the band adds some guitar or drum solo when I'm used to the way the song was recorded by the original artist. It's coming along nicely, though. We are planning on getting out there to be booked around early April or thereabouts, if we continue to improve. The other 3 guys have been together for a few years, and are pretty tight. They are cool about the mistakes, and I'm looking forward to getting out in front of an audience this spring.

That’s awesome, Bill. What are some tunes you guys are doing? Writing any originals?
I just recently got kicked out of the band I was in “a campfire between us “ for getting in a fight at our last gig. Lol. Not so funny story actually. I’ll tell it once I get the legal stuff behind me.
I am working on getting back with an old band “only nightmares “ and getting back into some heavy metal. What is the best way to post songs on here? The mp3 files I have of one of our recordings is too big.

We do a mixture of some British Invasion, Classic Rock, with a few 50s tunes here and there. No original stuff yet, though.

We got a gig booked for early next month at the local snowmobile clubs annual dinner. In May and June, we are playing at a couple bars around town.
Practice is going really well, and the guys tell me that we actually sound ready to go out now. I prefer another month of practicing till the shows start, though.

image.jpeg We played the gig at the sled club dinner last night. We sounded pretty good, and we're very well received by the audience. As for me, I had a freakin' blast!

Last edited:
Back