New here with some questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper94bite

Reaction score
Well for starters my name is Ray and I live in omaha,ne. I just bought a used 04 max this last saturday and am looking for a few things.

Is there a rear turnsignal relocation kit available, and if so where?

Cruisercustomizing has some saddlebags that can be rigid mount. They have a universal mounting kit for them available. Has anyone tried these with any luck?

Extra lighting in the front? anything out there. looking to add a couple fog lights to the front. What would be the best way to go about it, and can the max's system handle it?

Hey Ray! You must have bought that '04 at PSP? I heard that they had another bike with flatslides and they sold both Vmaxes! Anyway, welcome!

Howard bought some micro turn signals and then drilled the tail light mount. It looks pretty good.

You can get a headlight relay kit. Basically it moves the voltage from going through all the connectors and main switch and uses two relays powered directly by the battery. The light gets pretty bright. I got my kit from here:
http://easternbeaver.com/Home/Main/Products/H4_kits/h4_kits.html

Feel free to call me anytime, my cell number is 676-0749. We can hook up and I'll bring some other Vmaxers so you can see the mods we did.

We have a Vmax event for the VMOA (www.vmoa.net) on July 28-29. We're riding down to Topeka, KS to rent the dyno for a test and tune day. It would be a great opportunity to see 20-30 Vmaxes and learn a lot about working on the Vmax.

Give me a call and send me your home email address. I'll email you a document with a bunch of Vmax related websites. Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

Mark

Hey Ray! You must have bought that '04 at PSP? I heard that they had another bike with flatslides and they sold both Vmaxes! Anyway, welcome!

Howard bought some micro turn signals and then drilled the tail light mount. It looks pretty good.

You can get a headlight relay kit. Basically it moves the voltage from going through all the connectors and main switch and uses two relays powered directly by the battery. The light gets pretty bright. I got my kit from here:
http://ebeaver.oberro.com/Home/Main/main.html

We can hook up and I'll bring some other Vmaxers so you can see the mods we did.

We have a Vmax event for the VMOA (www.vmoa.net) on July 28-29. We're riding down to Topeka, KS to rent the dyno for a test and tune day. It would be a great opportunity to see 20-30 Vmaxes and learn a lot about working on the Vmax.

Give me a call and send me your home email address. I'll email you a document with a bunch of Vmax related websites. Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

Mark

Welcome!

Hey Mark... That link is dead M8!

http://easternbeaver.com/Home/Main/Products/H4_kits/h4_kits.html

Feel free to call me anytime, my cell number is 676-0749. We can hook up and I'll bring some other Vmaxers so you can see the mods we did.

Mark

yep. I bought the 04 from psp alright. I originally went up there looking at the 99 with all the mods. In the end I decided to get the newer bike. I'll send you my info in a pm.

Thanks everybody for the welcomes. I'm hoping to learn more of the vmax and its must do mods, etc. My primary concerns right now though are getting luggage, a different seat and getting the bike to lean a bit more when parked. I think i'm going to just grind a bit off the pivot on the stand.

As always though any suggestions pertaining to anything on the bike are always welcome.

Back