New member in KS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
Hello Vmax forum! I'm not currently a vmax owner...but it is on my shortlist of things to get done. My current ride is a 1999 Honda Magna, and I'm ready for a little more....but want to stick with our beloved V4's. I've wanted a Max for years, and frankly, have let a few nice ones go without buying them. Regardless, I'm looking for one now. I'll just be hanging out and reading what you guys have to say for now.

Any tips on what to look for in a used max?

hey man...

the newer the better.. try searching around and i think in one of the posts, similar to yours, there are links to what changes were made over the yrs...

here's one for example:
http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/vmaxhistory.htm

when test riding definitely ride ti hard and make sure it doesn't pop out of 2nd...

craigslist is your friend! haha. i traveled 7 hrs for my first max and 3 for my second, so there are def deals out there, there are about 10 maxes for sale within 200 miles of boston right now....

they hold their value well so even an 1985 can go for $3k but the top end of even a prestine 07 shouldn't be much more than $8k with some reasonable miles on it...

I'm in Kansas (Near Wichita) and still have my 2005 for sale (with overdrive trans). We can also build him a bike to his desires. I have another previous customer who called me the other day wanting to sell his 85 (pretty much all stock).

My info if the duckman wants to call:
316-619-8411

He'll find out real soon how jealous many of you will be if he lives close enough to come by the shop when he needs something.

Sean

Welcome KS. I'm also a fan of the Magna. Never owned one ,but I do like the looks ,especially of the 1st ones.
I think you will be quiet taken with the Max once you throw a leg over it.
All the info a guy could need his hidden here in this site. So enjoy the adventure. :punk:

sb, what part of Kansas are you from? I grew up in Winfield, then moved to the Dallas area.

Hey Jayhawk....Thought you spent some time in NY too....where was that now, Attica I believe? :confused2::ummm::confused2: :biglaugh:

Welcome to the site Duckman, good luck with your v max purchase. Check out a few and get back with the ones you are interested in....maybe we can give more model specific info to you.

if ur close to sean, definitely deal with him! he knows his shit and is top notch

Duckman.......call one2dmax......

Even if you had to travel a few hours.....I think it would be worth your while....

I traveled 1.5 hours to buy my bone stock Vmax.....

For about the same money I paid for mine, you could get one from him with some upgrades:punk:

Good luck in your search....You will love a Vmax......

Now that I have some miles on mine and am getting used to it.....

I think it's only a matter of time before I get arrested:biglaugh:

Maybe stock exhaust is a good thing......The loud bikes get all the attention:clapping:

sb, what part of Kansas are you from? I grew up in Winfield, then moved to the Dallas area.

I grew up in Andover, live in Towanda now, and work in Augusta. I believe I have a vmax expert just down the road in Rose Hill....lucky me!

I'm in Kansas (Near Wichita) and still have my 2005 for sale (with overdrive trans). We can also build him a bike to his desires. I have another previous customer who called me the other day wanting to sell his 85 (pretty much all stock).

316-619-8411

He'll find out real soon how jealous many of you will be if he lives close enough to come by the shop when he needs something.

Sean

Sean,

I looked around here quite a bit last night, and it's pretty obvious you're well respected here in this forum. I may be getting ahold of you soon...I've seen your 05 on craigslist...it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I plan on buying one that is dark (carbon or black...no flames). I'd much prefer black wheels and lower forks as well. I'm to the point now where I despise chrome, and don't care much for keeping clear coated aluminum wheels clean either. If you ever find something fitting these critieria...look me up.

Merek

Wasn't Kaboom selling a carbon fiber model ?
Check the buy/sell tab and welcome aboard.
Your one lucky guy being so close to Sean.
Had a friend with a v65 think it was an 85, nice
bike, that guy used to wheelie all over the place.

I think you a very lucky Vmax owner, at least soon-to-be Vmax owner, to live in close proximity to Sean. He is a virtual master of the Vmax and is a good person too. Sean has helped many a Vmaxer out that is for sure! :worthy:

I've got black wheels and can paint a set of skins without any problem. I should be around the shop tomorrow most of the day so if you get out you are welcome to call and come out.

Sean

316-619-8411

Sean

God aint that the truth. I have almost flown Sean out here to So Cal to look at my bike a couple of times.

Duckman, have you ever heard of the saying "If something is worth doing, do it right"

Go see Sean, he can hook you up with what ever your heart desires. You wont be disappointed.

Cheers

hey man...

the newer the better.. try searching around and i think in one of the posts, similar to yours, there are links to what changes were made over the yrs...

here's one for example:
http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/vmaxhistory.htm

when test riding definitely ride ti hard and make sure it doesn't pop out of 2nd...

craigslist is your friend! haha. i traveled 7 hrs for my first max and 3 for my second, so there are def deals out there, there are about 10 maxes for sale within 200 miles of boston right now....

they hold their value well so even an 1985 can go for $3k but the top end of even a prestine 07 shouldn't be much more than $8k with some reasonable miles on it...

85 for 3k, Hmmm...??? I bought an 85 last year w/ 10,500k on it, piped ( ufo ) jetted & K&N filtered,otherwise stock,for 6.5k. Fantastic condition w/ a capital F!! 2nd gear is solid, since then I've had offers above that 4 it. 85 is the holy grail, all those that say it is'nt own some other year.

shorthair88

Wasn't Kaboom selling a carbon fiber model ?
Check the buy/sell tab and welcome aboard.
Your one lucky guy being so close to Sean.
Had a friend with a v65 think it was an 85, nice
bike, that guy used to wheelie all over the place.

Yes I am selling a 2000 CF.....

I figured he was too far away to consider mine......

Just like I was too far away to consider one2dmax's.......

I am jealous that you are so close.......

With his collection of cars/bikes and knowledge base.....I could probably move into his shop......and follow him like a Grateful Dead fan.....

I am sure he is glad I live so far away now:rofl_200:

Yes I am selling a 2000 CF.....

I figured he was too far away to consider mine......

Just like I was too far away to consider one2dmax's.......

I am jealous that you are so close.......

With his collection of cars/bikes and knowledge base.....I could probably move into his shop......and follow him like a Grateful Dead fan.....

I am sure he is glad I live so far away now:rofl_200:

tell me about it... i'd set up a tent in the front yard!

At least there is a lot of front yard. After I put you to work you might end up moving out.

Sean

Back