VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErnieK2

Reaction score
Hi,
Just bought a 2007 VMax a couple of weeks ago. I owned a VMax I think back in 86, when I decided it was time to get back into biking the VMAx was the obvious chose for me. I'm not interested in long distance rides, but I do like acceleration and the Max fits the bill nicely. The bike is in mint condition, only had 7000 Kms on it. It has the Hindle 4-2-1 exhaust, K&N filter and a jet kit. The tires are brand new, I think I would like to go to the biggest tire I can get for the back using the stock rim and no modifications, any recommendations out there?
Cheers
:punk:

Biggest tire I know of that fits the stock rim and swing-arm is the 170/80/15.
Some guys like the Shinko's and some like the Metzler's. Both usually fit with no modifications.
Welcome back to the world of Vmax's and welcome aboard the forum here :)

Welcome!..........You can fit a 170-80 out back in stock form, it's a popular swap with many of us...............Tom.

Welcome!..........You can fit a 170-80 out back in stock form, it's a popular swap with many of us...............Tom.

What brand would you recommend? I would like to get more than 1 season out of a tire for sure so nothing to sticky.

Welcome Back to the world of Vmax Insanity !!
If you want to get more than one summer from your Rear Tire, I'd go with the Metzeler ME880 170/80-15.
AND Don't do Burnouts !!!
Or you could try the New (supposedly longer lasting) BridgeStone Exedra Max BIAS 170/80-15 or Michelin Commander II 170/80-15.
I run the Shinko 150/90-15 and I never get more than one summer out of them with no burnouts but lots of hard launches.
I'm actually considering the Bridgestone Exedra Max 150/90-15 V for my next rear tire just to see if it lives up to the High Mileage claims they make for them.
I personally use the Stock size tires because that's what I'm used to.
And no matter what Tire I have used (and I have tried quite a few over the years), I have Never gotten much more than 5000 Miles out of a Rear Tire on my Max.
The Shinkos I used the last 2 seasons lasted me 4500 and almost 4800 Miles, so for 1/2 the price and almost the same Milage, they are hard to beat.

What brand would you recommend? I would like to get more than 1 season out of a tire for s ure so nothing to sticky.

Welcome to the forum,

things for the vmax have come ALONG way since the early days, you can find it all right here. And I'd love to get a full season out of ONE tire :bang head:

I'd run the Metzler :clapping:And Ive run them all on the gen I

OR, get a set of Carrozzeria wheels from me and run 180 rear on the stock swingarm or a 200 on a modified arm (we also sell). The have radials and much improved ride and handling. Oh, and by the way I like the Shinko's for traction (but not wear) and the Metzler for wear (and decent traction too!).

Sean

OR, get a set of Carrozzeria wheels from me and run 180 rear on the stock swingarm or a 200 on a modified arm (we also sell). The have radials and much improved ride and handling. Oh, and by the way I like the Shinko's for traction (but not wear) and the Metzler for wear (and decent traction too!).

Sean
I was looking for the wheels you mentioned, can't find them on your website. How much are they please?

Ernie, check out Sean's Facebook page (also Morley Muscle) for more items and services. That is updated more often, plus he has a huge pile of pictures of what's for sale and what he can do for you.

I have the Bridgestone Exedra Max tires on my bike. The PO said they had 2000 miles on them when I bought the bike and I have put on another 2500. It sill looks new and gives good enough traction for my riding. Of course I drive like an old man and never do any hot rodding.

I keep seeing Vmax rear wheels for sale on e-bay and think,"Some day I should buy one of those and mount some skinny old tire on it and try to do a burn out" Haven't done it yet. Maybe next spring if I can sell my Honda.

The only thing I don't like about them is that I seem to get a lot of "nibble" on rain groves. Reminds me of riding over the Mac bridge when I was in college.

Craig

Back