New style R/R!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have already replaced the stator. I guess I'll hold on to the old one for now.

So it's safe to run the new stator with the old regulator / rectifier? If so I can determine if the old R/R was bad.

I would ask Sean or Damon about this.

EDIT: Also, I presume that the only wires I need to connect to the original wiring will be the (3) Stator wires; the Hot and the ground are better connected directly to the battery?

3 stator wires will run to the r/r with either the new one or old one. And yes definitely run the hot and ground directly to the battery but don't forget to put a 30 amp fuse inline on the hot wire, very important.

3 stator wires will run to the r/r with either the new one or old one. And yes definitely run the hot and ground directly to the battery but don't forget to put a 30 amp fuse inline on the hot wire, very important.
Understood, I don't want my bike to become a tiki torch!

Which R/R is the "new style" you guys are talking about? Who is selling it on Amazon? Is it ProCom?

The red one looks just like the one on my '01. I picked up some 12ga wire today to attach the black directly to the battery.

Does the orientation of the three white wires matter? They'd all been clipped and space connected into the factory male side of the harness.

the orientation of the 3 white wires does not matter,get them soldered up :clapping:

Thanks Dman. I saw two different looking R/R's on Amazon for my 97' and was wondering if there was a difference.

New style has a black ground wire. Run this directly to battery negative. Old style grounds through frame, bad design, as things tend to corrode, and higher resistance means more heat and less juice to battery. As stated, solder or use Posi-Locks on the 3 AC feed wires from stator, and run red wire directly to battery. This will let maximum charge get to battery.

Latest posts

Back