New Toy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my better half bought this 82 Honda CBX for me but said I had to get rid of one of the other bikes so I might be selling my 88 Vmax or turn this CBX & make some good money off of it but I kind of like it to.

Attachments

• 82 honda CBX.jpg
    82 honda CBX.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 84
Hey Kyle, love the six cylinder but you have to borroy a second sync tool ! LOL
ride the thing then flip it. They more collectible than our Maxes but not near as fun. Hope all went well in TX. Haven't heard from you in a while. Patmax

Yeah that was the intial plan to clea and sync carbs and a little other clean up and sell it since I really still need the money and I can make more off it than the max. I would still have my 85 if I kept the cbx but I just put a lot of work in my 88 so it would bother me a little to get rid of it

Definetly worth more than an 88 Max...the 6 cylinder bikes are pretty rare and tend to fetch big bucks on ebay in good condition. Don't think they were big sellers of their time, mostly because a V65 Magna would kick the crap out of it.

Still, a neat piece of living motorcycle history. The Max is more powerful and fun, but a bike like that is neat in it's own respect. Kinda how I'll choose to go for a ride at 1am on my 1 cylinder, 10hp Briggs and Stratton powered minibike over my Max. It's fun in it's own way without being really fast.

Hey Kyle, good to hear from ya!

I think you're onto a winner there, good detail, lots of nice pics, stick it on fleaBay and laugh all the way home. Definitely a market for classics like that, and getting close to the best time of the year to sell!

Back