Nissin question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vee4DFW

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I installed the Nissin brake/clutch cylinder setup for my '85. I removed the bolt holding the reservoirs to put my mirrors on. I got the left one on with no problem...lo and behold, I forgot that the right mirror is reverse thread. I like my black mirrors. Do the subsequent years also use a reverse thread mirror or am I SOL and looking at new mirrors?

PS I could run bar end mirrors but I don't rise that aggressive :rofl_200:

I don't know for sure but I thought all jap bikes were reverse thread on one side, I'm reasonably sure that all Vmaxes are at least.

There are plenty of adapters available out there for just your application tho'

As far as I know, Yamaha is the only manufacturer with the reverse thread mirror.

Hi folks,

I installed the Nissin brake/clutch cylinder setup for my '85. I removed the bolt holding the reservoirs to put my mirrors on. I got the left one on with no problem...lo and behold, I forgot that the right mirror is reverse thread. I like my black mirrors. Do the subsequent years also use a reverse thread mirror or am I SOL and looking at new mirrors?

Yamaha cruisers 10mm - 1.25 right hand thread and 10mm - 1.25 left hand thread.
http://shop.demonscycle.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/3076627/vpcsid/5150603/SFV/31995
Neil

Hi folks,

There is an adapter to make it a reverse thread, I'll see if I can find the link for it again.

I bought a pair of black mirrors similar to stock @ Cycel Gear for 18 bucks

Back