No fuel pump, no servo, no start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a little help. I just undid my DD modification, put in fresh oil, buttoned everything back up and went to test it out.

She's a no start. WTF? Ugly coincidence? I get no Vboost servo, I hear no fuel pump, I get no solenoid action. I have instrument lights and headlight. Jumping the solenoid gets a good strong motor spin with the starter, but no fire and no fuel and no go. Fuses are fine.

Does this sound familiar to anybody? You could save me a whole a lot of aggravation if you say "oh yeah it's so-and-so".

I guess a guy can always dream.

I'm almost to the point of suspecting a brain aneurysm. Time to dig out the CDI box. I have a spare and I hate to do it, but I'm at that point.

More than likely, something simple. You've got power to the fuse box, since you have a headlight and inst. lights, so next verify that got battery voltage going to the Engine Stop Switch. The starting circuit begins with this puppy. If it's not closing, you won't hear the v-boost spooling up, or the fuel pump operating.
Have you tried cycling the switch off and on several times, in case the contacts are corroded?
Cheers!

More than likely, something simple. You've got power to the fuse box, since you have a headlight and inst. lights, so next verify that got battery voltage going to the Engine Stop Switch. The starting circuit begins with this puppy. If it's not closing, you won't hear the v-boost spooling up, or the fuel pump operating.
Have you tried cycling the switch off and on several times, in case the contacts are corroded?
Cheers!

Man, I owe you a beer. I thought, Hmmm, that just might be the break. It's the most logical place - (I was checking clutch and kickstand). Hammered the switch a few times and I'm lovin' life again.

Guess I need to dissect and clean that thing.

Thanks for pointing out what I should have already tried!

When fuel pump and VBoost doesn't come to life its usually the kill switch to off or not connecting properly...

Back