No power after battery change

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sswallie

Reaction score
Hey all,

I replaced the battery in my '85 recently, and after I finished I have no power anywhere.

I tested the battery and it's got juice, but I get nothing when I put the key in etc.

I tested all of the fuses, and they are all good. I'm wondering where to start poking/prodding/testing next?

sMs

SS, check that main fuse again friend. You know where it is right? To the left of the start relay inside a square black case held by the rubber banded thingie. One is active and one is the spare.

SS, check that main fuse again friend. You know where it is right? To the left of the start relay inside a square black case held by the rubber banded thingie. One is active and one is the spare.

+1 its not in the same place as the other fuses

Try cleaning the copper ends of the - & + terminal wires. Junk the nuts and bolts that came with battery and replace them with Allen type stainless steel nuts. Also cut 1/2 in of plastic tubing that came with the battery and place it behind the nut. Makes installing the bolt a lot easier.

Back