Nology Hotwires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choctaw

Reaction score
Have any of guys tried out these wires or the plugs and if so do they make the 7 1/2 to 9 percent increase in H.P. or is this a bunch of bull butter.....thanks guys:punk:

BUTTTA......

I installed them with the Dyna 3000 and had a crisper trottle response, bike ran a bit stronger, and they looked pretty trick.

Did some research, took them off and the bike ran the same.....was the Dyna doing the trick.

Sold them for what I paid for them.
They look pretty cool though.

I think for them to show any gains, especially what they claim ():ummm:, you have to go the full monty..........
use their coils wires and plugs..................

:confused2:Ok i did a liitle research on the forum and I guess nobody like the nologys for the money ,,,just trying to get a little more out of it ......any recommendations fellows,,,the only thing not stock are some supertrap slipons and t-boost:punk:

:confused2:Ok i did a liitle research on the forum and I guess nobody like the nologys for the money ,,,just trying to get a little more out of it ......any recommendations fellows,,,the only thing not stock are some supertrap slipons and t-boost:punk:

They're not worth the money and will not give you those kind of gains in HP. I would suggest COP (coil on plugs) - they will give better throttle response, etc..., for less money, but won't gain much in HP either.

If only trying to get a little more out of it, I would say to put it on a Dyno with a snifer and get a baseline first. Once you get your results, than you may be able to get some more ponies by a tune up and carb adjust/rejetting if it shows that you need it.

Next way to gain HP is full aftermarket exhaust, etc...

Mike

Do the pcw or dd clutch mod it don't cost much and makes a big change in acceleration. +1 on Dyno tune and k&n a/f. A Full exhaust and stage 7 for biggest gains. It cost me $250 to Dyno tune and than I changed my exhaust and it will cost me for Dyno tune again so best to make up you mind on a full system.

I have the Nology wires and they are not worth the money noticed no Hp gains

I have them, only keeping them on the bike because they are red and they semi match my SAMCO hoses and trim. Idid not notice any gains after putting them on but did notice that they do not like getting wet.

I Got zapped once after getting home and drying the bike off while it was idling. Had a little lightning show going on too.:ummm:
I noticed that the set I got had shorter boots than the OEM ones (hence the sparking / shorting thing) They really don't seem to grasp the plugs as tightly as the stockers did either.

They work and look cool at night but they were not worth the $ but then again they were much cheaper than buying a new OEM set.

I have red 8mm wires on my bike.
No showing of HP, pretty much what I expected. I mainly got them for the looks.
IMO, they look pretty good with the NGK boots.

I Got zapped once after getting home and drying the bike off while it was idling. Had a little lightning show going on too.:ummm:
I noticed that the set I got had shorter boots than the OEM ones (hence the sparking / shorting thing) They really don't seem to grasp the plugs as tightly as the stockers did

Gunner.....the boot length doesn't really matter...NGk boots are even shorter, plus most plug caps are for car adapted to bikes......and water proofed.
Just by chance...did you put the screw on nipples on your plugs?
The nologys will only work on plugs with the nipples.
That's probably why they don't grasp the plug tightly, and all the sparking.
If you are using the factory recommended NGk, Ou need to get a set of the nipples.
If you have them on then forget everything I said:worthy:

You got zapped and they short out in the rain due to their construction. They work by using a braided conductive jacket around the inner core wire, all wrapped in the silicone or whatever outer layer. Hotwires I've seen ground at one end, which grounds that mid-layer jacket. Voltage pulsing through the center creates a crude capacitor effect between the core and jacket. They use that for all sorts of outrageous claims like 50,000* spark temperatures, million volt discharges, and all sorts of other BS.

The outer coating is insufficient to contain this capacitor effect, and thus you get zapped if you touch them, and moisture easily shorts them out. In which case they don't work anymore since most/all the voltage goes to ground.

Nology is a company built on bullshitting people. I'm surprised they don't sell fuel line magnets and intake tornados.

The Nologys carry a lifetime warranty I noticed that on the 2 boots where the H2o lines go down into the cylinders , my boots had got a hole in them from the factory hose clamps. I called and sent my wires in for repair ( free no charge) I also switched to the samco hoses and installed them and really like the hoses clamps they provide with the kit.

I?m using these about a year... no difference from the stock ones. Just using 'cause they're bought and were cheaper than stock (mine were damaged).
Not recommended as a mod...

i have the red nologys on my 85 vmax they look cool and i think the external grounds help and they look cool now for hp i think there blowing wind...

Back